Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well I done did it, new bike! (Read 278 times)
Jive--FSO

SuzukiSavage.com

Beckley, WV
Well I done did it, new bike!
10/15/10 at 17:22:31

Took a ride last Sunday with the Mrs. on the back.  Rode about 80 miles or so, and she swore she wasn't riding on the Savage again unless I got a better seat.....or bike.  So, today I took delivery of a 2005 C50 Limited, which I belive will be a much better bike for 2 up riding.  Still have the Savage, but the person I bought it from is wanting it back, so I will probably sell it to him.  It was his 1st bike, and has sentimental value I guess!  He is wanting to do some mods on it, so I will still be lurking around here.

Anyone else have a C50?

Jive

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Re: Well I done did it, new bike!
Reply #1 - 10/15/10 at 17:33:18

TVR_FSO has one.I haven't talked to him much since I moved out of Frisco.I know the first thing most of them are doing is converting their final drive with a C90 rear.Get alot more topend out of them.He is/was real happy with his other than the rear gear.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Fuschia

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/15/10 at 17:45:26

wow,that's nice! what is the weight difference between the two?

IP Logged
Jive--FSO

SuzukiSavage.com

Beckley, WV
Reply #3 - 10/15/10 at 17:56:49

Fuschia wrote on 10/15/10 at 17:45:26:
wow,that's nice! what is the weight difference between the two?

From what I have read, Savage dry weight is 381 lbs., the C50 542 lbs.  It doesn't really feel heavy, but after riding it for awhile, and then getting on the Savage, you realize the size difference!  The C50 is very smoooooth though!  Was going 60mph today, and it was odd not feeling vibrations like the Savage.  And the sound.....itsa nice!!  Fuel injection is nice as well.  When I picked it up today, it was about 47 degrees out.  The Savage would've taken awhile to warm up, but the C50 fired right up, and didnt sutter or hesitate any.

Jive

IP Logged
Jive--FSO

SuzukiSavage.com

Beckley, WV
Reply #4 - 10/15/10 at 18:02:48

Demin wrote on 10/15/10 at 17:33:18:
TVR_FSO has one.I haven't talked to him much since I moved out of Frisco.I know the first thing most of them are doing is converting their final drive with a C90 rear.Get alot more topend out of them.He is/was real happy with his other than the rear gear.

Interesting.  I did find another forum volusiariders.com, and there seems to be a lot of info there.  I'll have to check it out.  I will say I was doing 60mph on mine today, and it didn't seem like the engine was turning that fast.

Jive

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 10/15/10 at 18:11:55

Nice bike, I got to ride a C50 last year at a factory demo during Daytona Beach Bike Week. You are right about the differences between the two. The C50 is sooo much smoother that the big single and the seat is real comfortable. Enjoy  Smiley

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
ATLjan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/15/10 at 18:15:02

I want a C50 too.  Good for you.

IP Logged
Jive--FSO

SuzukiSavage.com

Beckley, WV
Reply #7 - 10/15/10 at 18:19:31

Ed L. wrote on 10/15/10 at 18:11:55:
Nice bike, I got to ride a C50 last year at a factory demo during Daytona Beach Bike Week. You are right about the differences between the two. The C50 is sooo much smoother that the big single and the seat is real comfortable. Enjoy  Smiley

Yep, and what sold me was that it doesn't feel that much bigger weight wise.  I was torn between the C50, and a Honda Shadow Aero, but after doing some research, the C50 seems to be a much better bike.

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #8 - 10/15/10 at 18:57:31

He is on the volusia site.I can't remember his name on there.He's from Frisco Tx.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #9 - 10/18/10 at 04:57:22

I actually found this site by first being a member on volusiariders.com.  Good folks there too.  Someone from there referred me here.  I found it though a guy I got my Gremlin bell from.  I still check out their swap meet and bikes for sale fairly often.  I'd like to have an M50.

Congrats on your new ride.  Its a beauty!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 10/18/10 at 05:49:03

Gremlin bell

Why would anyone need one of those? I havent seen a Gremlin on the road in years.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #11 - 10/18/10 at 20:31:36

I have 2009 c50 and love it. It is worlds apart from the s40. Although heavier it's still quite maneuverable. It's much more comfortable on the long haul and at higher speeds (70mph). You do loose out on agility and mpg. I'm getting just shy of 50 mpg (cdn gallon)

If you are doing a lot of hiway miles consider the the c50.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
stratman

Klaatu,
Verata....Necktie

Concord, Ca.
Reply #12 - 10/19/10 at 18:20:13

Way to go with the c50...i've been looking at all the bigger zuks.  Sat on a m109 - what a monster!  i'm with babyhog, i like the m50 the best.  i've seen some really good deals on c-list.   http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/2009674118.html  $3700 with only 1850 miles! (And blue too!)     -stratman

'There's no money above the 7th fret'...Tommy Tedesco
  IP Logged
Jive--FSO

SuzukiSavage.com

Beckley, WV
Reply #13 - 10/19/10 at 18:56:26

stratman wrote on 10/19/10 at 18:20:13:
Way to go with the c50...i've been looking at all the bigger zuks.  Sat on a m109 - what a monster!  i'm with babyhog, i like the m50 the best.  i've seen some really good deals on c-list.   http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/2009674118.html  $3700 with only 1850 miles! (And blue too!)     -stratman

Wow, that is a nice one there!  Love the blue.  They had a new orange/black m50 at the local Suzuki shop.  It was beautiful, but way too expensive.

Jive

IP Logged
Jive--FSO

SuzukiSavage.com

Beckley, WV
Reply #14 - 10/19/10 at 18:59:37

Skid Mark wrote on 10/18/10 at 20:31:36:
I have 2009 c50 and love it. It is worlds apart from the s40. Although heavier it's still quite maneuverable. It's much more comfortable on the long haul and at higher speeds (70mph). You do loose out on agility and mpg. I'm getting just shy of 50 mpg (cdn gallon)

If you are doing a lot of hiway miles consider the the c50.

Just took mine out on the superslab today for the first time.  It does really well, much better than the S40.  The only place you really feel vibrations is through the floorboards.

Branded the C50 today:

Jive

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 01:19:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Well I done did it, new bike!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.