Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Let Me Introduce Myself! (Read 334 times)
OntheBoulevard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Let Me Introduce Myself!
Reply #15 - 10/19/10 at 16:58:10

I got in a 100 mile ride in this afternoon, running down to my brother's house. Right before I left, I drilled the muffler as shown above. I never expected it to sound that good. It has a nice bass thump, thump, thump during idle, has a nice rumble through the gears, and a steady growl at highway speeds. I was very impressed with what eight 7/32" holes did to the sound of the stock muffler. The draw back (at least on mine), was a little louder and a little more muffler farting. I'm still glad I did it. It's louder, but maybe something like 30% more, so not a lot. It totally changed the acoustic properties of the muffler to make the Boulevard actually sound like a motorcycle. It took away the metallic sort of two cycle dirt bike sound (though bassier) out of it completely. Thanks for the submitting the picture.

IP Logged
OntheBoulevard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 10/20/10 at 20:46:50

I got in a 150 mile ride today. It's getting a little more brisk at 58 degrees, bu still not bad. I'm still liking the drilled muffler it farts a lot more than it did before it was drilled, but it was still worth it. I like the sound of it. I have figured out what my next bike is going to be, although I've never seen one in the flesh. I like the Kawasaki 800 Drifter a lot. It has the Indian look, without the Indian price. It looks like a real nice bike, but like I said, I've never straddled one. I'm not sure if I'm ever going to get rid of the Boulevard. I just might just modify it later on, and get the other one for my wife and me. I saw a belt drive Savage today while at Krogers. The boulevard and it looked pretty similar. When did they go from chain to belt?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 10/20/10 at 20:49:08

they are all belt drive.
if yours is chain then it's custom.

WWW   IP Logged
OntheBoulevard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 10/20/10 at 21:03:45

It seems like I have read about some people referencing their chain, or chain tensioner, that's why I thought that. I have not read enough into the original Savage to know much about their difference from the boulevard, but, I do believe they (Savage) was a 4 speed, and not a 5 speed.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 10/20/10 at 21:14:52

The savage was rebranded around 2004.
the us 4 speed was available from 86 to 88
then came back to the us in 95 as a 5 speed.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 10/21/10 at 04:02:00

Chain Tensioner is reference to the cam chain.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 23:30:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Let Me Introduce Myself!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.