THE EVENT (Read 105 times)
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
THE EVENT
10/11/10 at 23:38:39

Any one into the new series "The Event"? I'm glad I started at the beginning ,because if I had started on the second episode I would be lost about now,It's a little like "24" . Not even the cast knows whats going on,they do there little bit and go off camara .
Sure beats DWTS,my sisters favorite.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Re: THE EVENT
Reply #1 - 10/12/10 at 01:50:43

They hyped it as "What If" 24 and Lost had a baby. It would be THE EVENT. Girl likes it, d@mn thing jumps around to much for me. Kinda like Lost did. After the first couple of episodes i got bored with it.(Lost)
Rather watch Hawaii 5-0 or The Good Guys myself...lol

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #2 - 10/12/10 at 02:37:00

I've got the first ones recorded, just never seem to get around to watching them yet.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 10/12/10 at 10:07:58

Wolfman wrote on 10/12/10 at 01:50:43:
They hyped it as "What If" 24 and Lost had a baby.

Then I'd be "Lost", 24/7... Huh...

I couldn't handle "Lost", one hour a week... I gave up after 2 episodes...Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #4 - 10/12/10 at 11:35:20

Didnt it turn out they were all dead? Died in the initial plane crash? Best part about it was the time or two they had some eye candy running around in their undies or swim suits. That and the Smoke Monster...what ever the he!! that was??...lol

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #5 - 10/12/10 at 13:04:49

Have to pass on this show. Got tired of 24, couldn't get into lost.
If it was just me at home, I'd dump the TV. Spent  many years w/o it when I was single and didn't miss it a all. I would just rent a movie from time to time. Now I have the internet & this forum for my hit of reality programming.

I hope The Event has enough quality to justify the time spent watching it.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #6 - 10/12/10 at 13:08:49

Not watching The Event.  Just decided it was one that I didn't even want to start watching.

I liked Lost, until I got lost, so I stopped watching.  Tried to watch a few of the final episodes, it just got too weird.  

24 was one of my favorites!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #7 - 10/12/10 at 13:45:38

i have been watching it - did not last night will have to catch the replay this weekend or next monday before the next episode - it makes you think and cant blink or go take a whizz cause you might miss the timeline "13 years ago" - "8 days ago"........etc......i figured it was about aliens about the end of the first episode glad i got confirmation in the second one and I am waiting to see how they cover up 183 people being dead for a few days and then they wake up now where near where they are supposed to be.....i guess the gov will really have to kill them all to shut them up.....dont tell me i still ahve to watch # 4.

but The Event cant touch NCIS or Criminal Minds...it is just Monday filler and yes much better than DWTS

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #8 - 10/12/10 at 21:05:25

Wolfman wrote on 10/12/10 at 11:35:20:
Didnt it turn out they were all dead? Died in the initial plane crash? Best part about it was the time or two they had some eye candy running around in their undies or swim suits. That and the Smoke Monster...what ever the he!! that was??...lol

if you like undies and beautiful legs,check out Dancing with the stars,those gals are fabulous,don't watch Bill your girl friends daughter is performing,
Palins kid.I forgot her name.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #9 - 10/13/10 at 01:24:14

Naw mick i hate them d@mn reality shows. Never could stand 24, lost, survivor, the biggest loser, heIIs kitchen, none of them stupid things. Got enough reality in real life.

I catch Nikita once in awhile. Usualy Both NCIS shows, the Good Guys, Detroit 1-8-7 aint to bad. Have'nt seen castle in awhile though. Hawaii 5-0 is decent. Criminal minds aint what it used to be nor is cold case.
CSI las vegas and csi miami are decent fillers. Other then that its the news and movies WHEN i have time to watch TV.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #10 - 10/13/10 at 05:20:44

My favorite show now is Sons of Anarchy.  And they showed a clip during the commercials last night that my other favorite will be back in February - Justified.  Both air on the FX channel.  
NCIS has been one of my fav's for a long time, but the 8:00 air time is usually hard for me to sit down to watch it.  And stupid CBS doesn't have online viewing of their shows until they are months old.  I have On-Demand, and alot of shows are available a day or two after they first air.  But not CBS.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #11 - 10/13/10 at 05:35:46

mick wrote on 10/12/10 at 21:05:25:
Wolfman wrote on 10/12/10 at 11:35:20:

if you like undies and beautiful legs,check out Dancing with the stars,those gals are fabulous,don't watch Bill your girl friends daughter is performing,
Palins kid.I forgot her name.

Bristol, I have been watching it this year the first time ever,If Bristol was 10 pounds lighter she would look better and dance better to,And they have her with a small guy which makes her look bigger.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 18:52:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › THE EVENT

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.