Send Topic Print
Bike wont start (Read 663 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: Bike wont start
Reply #45 - 10/25/10 at 21:35:53

Arnold, I would buy a couple of blinker bulbs and a flasher module (about $3) from Auto Zone or O' Reilly's. The flasher module for cars works just fine. I think mine has two spades in an "L" shape. One of the bulbs is probably shot or the flasher is shot. I'd say bulb as a first guess. Ride on, Bro

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #46 - 10/26/10 at 05:10:35

Just got to work with the bike, 45mins ride. When I left home, blinkers were at normal speed, half way through, left side started flashing fast again. I guess it's intermittent. Also, the high beam blue indicator comes on, it just too faint to see in daylight, this morning it was still dark and I could see it. I must review my wiring I guess.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #47 - 10/26/10 at 05:18:48

I think that's what mine did a while back and I found a little corrosion at the bulb contact points.... nothing to do with the wiring.  A bit of water had gotten into one of the light housings and caused it.  So that may be something else for you to check.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #48 - 10/26/10 at 05:24:06

Cool, something easy to check on, you're right, could be the contact between socket and bulb. The rear signals are brand new, I'll check the front. Actually come to think of it, I'll swap the left and right bulbs and see if I can reproduce the problem that way.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 03:24:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike wont start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.