Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike will start but won't stay running...? (Read 54 times)
daedalus
YaBB Newbies

W.Mass
Bike will start but won't stay running...?
10/10/10 at 14:40:23

Okay, so I dropped the bike on her right side turning into some sand.  It seemed the only damage was a bent right peg (kicked mostly back into shape) and scratched flyscreen.  Some gas leaked out the top of the tank, but it was mostly full when I started, so this didn’t surprise me.  Checked everything out and decided to finish my ride.  When I was almost home she backfired on decel repeatedly, which is not the usual.  Maybe 4 backfires coming down from 45 to a stop in front of my house, but before I reached first gear the engine stopped on its own!  Thought maybe I just hadn’t been giving it enough gas to keep going, so I tried starting her again.  Now bike will start but won’t stay running unless I keep giving it gas.  Tried on Res thinking maybe gas was just low, no difference.  (raptor petcock)  Tried with choke, will run but dies on lowest setting.  (Was parked for this, not moving.)  Have I knocked something else loose? The hoses all seem connected and I rode for 40mi without a problem....?  I’m not sure where to go next.
 Suggestions??   Thanks!

'95 Savage, mystery saddle, highway bars, bags, tkat, gaiters, (Big Crank, Raptor, verslavy)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Bike will start but won't stay running...?
Reply #1 - 10/10/10 at 15:10:11

dropping it on its side may have allowed some dirt to make its way into the idle jet.  I'd take it out and give it a cleaning.

Also, oil or gas could have gotten onto the air filter.

and check sparky.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:23:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike will start but won't stay running...?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.