Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Official First Day of the Riding Season (Read 138 times)
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Official First Day of the Riding Season
10/10/10 at 13:53:03

This from the fat guy on the bike.  

Yesterday I was riding across town early to have coffee with a friend.  I was dressed in jeans and a tee-shirt.  About two miles into the ride, I suddenly realized, "Yikes, I should be wearing a jacket."  When I got home, I took my leather jacket out of the closet, and put it on the hook by the door.  This marks the Official First Day of the Riding Season here in Tucson.  For the next eight months or so, the weather will be perfect for riding-with a jacket.

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: Official First Day of the Riding Season
Reply #1 - 10/10/10 at 14:08:18

A big Smiley and a sigh from the Great White North.

Just did a 2 hr toot to a small town for coffee and then back. It's +20c here. It can get to -10c in a heatbeat this time of year, so I'm getting as much ride time as I can in.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 10/10/10 at 16:08:05

We had a cool week (highs 60-ish F), and evenings are still cool (40-ish), but the past couple days have been in the 80's, higher than normal for this time of year.  Hubby, son and I rode about 70 miles today.  Was absolutely beautiful weather!  I might still get to ride to work a few times this week, somewhat strange for mid-October.  I'll take it!!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/10/10 at 17:00:11

great day for riding here in KY. 90 and sunshine. Trip to Bardstown, over to New haven up to Loretto then on to Hodgenville for some dinner at the local Hardees. wouldn't mind finding the HD rider I was talking to in New Haven now that I'm single again Grin

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #4 - 10/10/10 at 18:52:32

piglt wrote on 10/10/10 at 17:00:11:
great day for riding here in KY. 90 and sunshine. Trip to Bardstown, over to New haven up to Loretto then on to Hodgenville for some dinner at the local Hardees. wouldn't mind finding the HD rider I was talking to in New Haven now that I'm single again Grin

Piglit, you gave me a start there for a minute,I thought you were babyhog who we call piglet once in a while,when you said "single again" I almost joined the convoy over to babyhogs place to try and win her hand,and other body parts.
Please no offence but I don't even know if you are female,so don't take it hard.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/10/10 at 21:14:09

I wear pink leathers and other things only girls should wear. I'm spelled PIGLT, that's what the tag on my thumper says. Cool

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #6 - 10/10/10 at 21:52:24

Welcome Piglt and nice to have another gal here. I love the fact you wear Pink leathers. I am planning to purchase some Pink leathers myself someday.
Where are you located by the way?
Sit back and grab a beer or whatever you drink and enjoy the advice and commrade that goes on here. O and don't be shy about posting your opinions and knowledge as well. Smiley kim

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #7 - 10/10/10 at 22:57:55

piglt wrote on 10/10/10 at 21:14:09:
I wear pink leathers and other things only girls should wear. I'm spelled PIGLT, that's what the tag on my thumper says. Cool

Thankyou for clearing that up,Pink leathers eh !  we do like to get pictures of riders and bikes ,if and when you feel up to it.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #8 - 10/11/10 at 05:24:58

Aww mick, you are too sweet.  Its no wonder you've been married so many times!   Wink

piglt from KY, babyhog "Piglet" from WV...  I don't wanna hear no squealing references   Wink  Welcome piglt

sorry gerald, your thread got a little out of whack.  But it looks like you'll be having 100+ temps again later this week, right?  Man that's hot.  Actually looks like a decent week for riding all over the US.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #9 - 10/11/10 at 05:55:50

Took Shar out for her first ride Saturday since she got sick 2 years ago. She walked outside as I was putting my tool bag on (to see me off, so she thought) and I said "C'mon get your gear on." She came back outside in her leather, boots, gloves and helmet in hand, big arse grin on her face, I helped her climb over the bike, and I put her cane in my parked car. Ripped through twisties out to Allentown (NJ) and pulled up to a park bench at a little rest stop/gas station place. She held on as I walked her to the bench and rode over to fuel up. Rode back home scraping pegs. It's been a long time for her. Made her day, and mine as well.

FSO
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #10 - 10/11/10 at 06:04:48

Babyhog,

No problem.  I was just sharing my joy that I had survived another summer of riding in Tucson. (And no, it is not suppose to hit 100 this week.  According to my weather report, the highest will be one day of 94.  Actually, we should not see any more 100 days until next May or June.)

Like most of the people on this board, riding is one of the major sources of pleasure in my life.  I will ride when the weather is bad if I have to in order just to ride, but it is so much more pleasurable when the weather cooperates.  Just knowing that there is so much good weather ahead puts a smile on my face.

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #11 - 10/11/10 at 06:05:39

We've had some great riding weather here in Boston.  I did about 70 miles on Saturday down to my daughter's to strip some parts off my parts bike.   Yesterday had a beautiful ride to work in the late morning and then bundled up for the 15 mile ride home around 9pm.  How far do you ride to work Babyhog?  My plan this year is to store the S50 around mid November as usual but keep the Savage handy all winter and see if I can't get it out during mid winter thaws.  
When I bought my Miata the owner's manual said don't put the top down below 50 degrees.  I followed it and was still able to get it down at least once a month all year.

IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/11/10 at 06:19:41

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I love my pink leathers, got pink trimed gloves too. Nobody ever "borrows" them and forgets to put them back. I don't remember if I got them from Hot Leather or Leather Up, but they had pink and baby blue.  Smiley

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #13 - 10/11/10 at 07:34:47

Welcome Piglt.

Back to the original subject, I kind of mark a change in seasons when I start wearing my heated clothing. I see a lot fewer MCs then, but I started wearing it in the morning a couple of weeks ago when it got below 40. Now the temps are back up and the MCs are out in force (especially this last weekend). It's great weather.

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #14 - 10/11/10 at 18:39:04

photojoe FSO wrote on 10/11/10 at 05:55:50:
Took Shar out for her first ride Saturday since she got sick 2 years ago. She walked outside as I was putting my tool bag on (to see me off, so she thought) and I said "C'mon get your gear on." She came back outside in her leather, boots, gloves and helmet in hand, big arse grin on her face, I helped her climb over the bike, and I put her cane in my parked car. Ripped through twisties out to Allentown (NJ) and pulled up to a park bench at a little rest stop/gas station place. She held on as I walked her to the bench and rode over to fuel up. Rode back home scraping pegs. It's been a long time for her. Made her day, and mine as well.

EXCELLENT!!!

Great day for you both, I'm sure!!!  Cool

Best,

RW

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 18:18:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Official First Day of the Riding Season