Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Always check and double check!! (Read 123 times)
grandpa

Old but not cold!!!

Bartlett TN
Always check and double check!!
10/08/10 at 19:45:11

I replaced all the vacuum hoses at the last tune up and valve check. I always thought the vacuum line that ran from the carb down and under was too short. I made up a new one and got the sleeve over it and all. Looked great. All has been well until tonight. I was in a grumpy mood and riding. Mistake # 1. Stopped at the local Wal-Mart grocery store and my ATM card would not work and they refused to manually punch the numbers in. Made me even grumpier and still riding home. Mistake # 2. Got behind a cage in the parking lot at 2 mph. We stopped and graduallllly eased out of the parking lot!! Even more grumpy and still riding!! Mistake # 3. Guy on a cell phone!! Cranked the throttle wide open to swing around him and the throttle stayed wide open. Hit the kill switch before I blew her up. Coasted the block home and got her in the garage. My slightly longer vacuum line was making a great throttle stop at wide open! Cut the extra length off  and it can't possibly get in the way. Simple little 'mod' if you will could have been a real mess. Always check and double check!!!

Blue '06, seat mod, K&N drop-in filter, desnorkeled, 55 pilot, 152.5 main, 1/3 spacer, dyna muff, factory bug shield, 11.5 Progressive rear shocks, debadged, fork boots, 110/90-19, 140/90-15
grandpa   IP Logged
Lupo

Re: Always check and double check!!
Reply #1 - 10/08/10 at 20:49:34

Wow! At least it gave you something to smile about  Smiley I put a brand new fairing on a bike once and went to try it out. First stop then a left turn BANG on the ground. I hadn't checked the hand brake distance to the fairing (frame mount) and it had hit, locked the front and over I went. Now I have something to smile about.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 10/08/10 at 21:46:43

Well, that was a genuine YEEHAAA! Moment, wasnt it?

I had a car, years ago, that had a bad motor mount. Sometimes Id punch it & the engine would torque over a bit & jam the throttle linkage & cable up & Itd run hard till it ran outta torque. Pretty fun, back then.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #3 - 10/08/10 at 21:55:36

'61 Chevy Belair. Did the same thing on my grandfathers concrete driveway and laid a short black patch ( it was a '61 Belair). He was pissed till I found the broken mount and showed him Smiley

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 10/09/10 at 18:03:45

Guys, you ain't gonna believe this, but my friend and I were pulling into the parking lot at school in 11th grade. The principal (Great guy!) was standing there. It was slightly uphill so the engine got torqued into the linkage. We had to cut a donut to keep from running over the principal! LOL Of course the engine torque let off and we idled into a parking place. Now my friend, who was driving made straight D's and skipped whenever he felt like it, so who will the principal believe? Him or his eyes? After I quit laughing and got my breath back I explained to Mr Buress what happened. Even opened the hood and showed him. Thanks for that 40 yr old memory, guys!

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:25:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Always check and double check!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.