Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Fall Inspection
10/08/10 at 10:17:43

Didn't want to hijack Babyhog's thread so I'm starting a new one. Just a reminder to those trying to get all their riding in before the weather changes to do a fall inspection after a heavy riding season. Tire issues, worn cables, carburetor/choke issues, faceshield fog-ups etc. all tend to rear their heads with the cooler weather. Fall colors also bring new riding hazards in leaves and slick roads on shady mornings. Ride long and ride safe!

Dan

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Re: Fall Inspection
Reply #1 - 10/08/10 at 13:02:11

And four legged speed bumps! Its rutting season so expect them fuzzy butted acorn nibblers at anytime of the day now. Grin

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 10/08/10 at 19:00:52

Thanks Southpaw.  This is a good reminder and deserves its own thread anyway.    Smiley Smiley

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 10/08/10 at 19:39:09

Wolfman wrote on 10/08/10 at 13:02:11:
And four legged speed bumps! Its rutting season so expect them fuzzy butted acorn nibblers at anytime of the day now. Grin
http://www.dslretorts.com/Paladin/archives/002691.html  You know how hard it was to find and fix those light once they were up the tree -- HIGH up!

ARRGH!!!  Pesky Tree Rats!!  I AIM at squirrels.  That anti-Christmas Scrooge cut four or seven strings of them!  You know how much work it does to put those lights up?  THIS: http://www.dslretorts.com/Paladin/archives/002453.html

------------

But yeah, we are out of Fire Season and coming to Mud Season.  We have severe weather:  http://www.dslretorts.com/Paladin/archives/002250.html : up to a 1/10 to 1/4 of rain!!  As always, we do not problems, we can slow enough to keep on the rubber side.  The Cages are more stupid in the wet, and are even more not expecting us.

WWW   IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #4 - 10/09/10 at 01:48:30

LOL Paladin, i was talking about them 150lb horny fuzzy butted acorn nibblers that usualy run around after dark. Shocked

He!!, i dont even slow down for squirrels. Cheesy

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 10/09/10 at 04:21:56

Deer's here in Michigan seem to outnumber people at this time of the year...I try to limit my riding time to before the twilight time before sunset.  

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 20:20:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › Fall Inspection

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.