Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rally to Restore Sanity (Read 139 times)
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Rally to Restore Sanity
09/28/10 at 12:29:06

If you guys have seen "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" lately, you know that he's talking about having a Washington, DC, "Rally to  Restore Sanity."  Also, Stephen Colbert is having a "March to Keep Fear Alive" the same Saturday:  October 30, 2010.  If I can determine that there really is a rally, I'm thinking what-a-great-excuse-for-a-road-trip-on-my-Savage. Would anyone like to join me?

Web site with (limited) info is www.rallytorestoresanity.com

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Rally to Restore Sanity
Reply #1 - 09/28/10 at 12:42:31

wish I could go but, that's too far away, maybe if it's somewhat successful they'll go on tour   Cool

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 09/28/10 at 13:04:11

Been hearing alot about Colbert in the news lately.  I haven't watched either show in a while, not really sure why.  They both always cracked me up.
Anyway, that weekend is my hubby's birthday (11-1) and his sister's birthday (10-28) so we will most likely be doing a "family" something-or-other.  But if you ride through my neck of the woods, you better let me know!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/28/10 at 18:24:16

babyhog wrote on 09/28/10 at 13:04:11:
Been hearing alot about Colbert in the news lately.  I haven't watched either show in a while, not really sure why.  They both always cracked me up.
Anyway, that weekend is my hubby's birthday (11-1) and his sister's birthday (10-28) so we will most likely be doing a "family" something-or-other.  But if you ride through my neck of the woods, you better let me know!

HA!! I snuck thru there a coupla weeks ago & you aint done NUTHIN about it!  So, waddya gonna do if he dont let yta know?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 09/28/10 at 19:30:39

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/28/10 at 18:24:16:

HA!! I snuck thru there a coupla weeks ago & you aint done NUTHIN about it!  So, waddya gonna do if he dont let yta know?

Who said I wanted to meet YOU??   Grin Grin

You never said in advance that you were comin' thru here, so you musta nada wanted to meet me...   Sad Sad   Fine! I'll remember ya...

Serenity is my buddy, he wouldn't do me that way...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #5 - 09/28/10 at 19:32:43

If I wasn't already committed to a dental meeting, I'd be there!
Sounds like fun, and a good excuse to visit my daughter and grandkids!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 09/28/10 at 19:38:30

But if you ride through my neck of the woods, you better let me know!

I thought you were only askin' so you could arrange to be out of town... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #7 - 09/29/10 at 08:40:38

IF I go through your neck of the woods, I will let you know. But I think my most direct route bypasses WV. Happy Birthday to your husband and sis-in-law.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 09/29/10 at 09:25:12

Serowbot wrote on 09/28/10 at 19:38:30:
 But if you ride through my neck of the woods, you better let me know!

I thought you were only askin' so you could arrange to be out of town... Huh...

Now that was just MEAN!!  & Funny as Hekk,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #9 - 09/30/10 at 09:02:03

Still looking for one or more travelling partners. But I'll probably go even if I don't get any takers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 14:25:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Rally to Restore Sanity

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.