Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Updated Bike for a different Suzuki 650 (pictures) (Read 141 times)
Balderdash

Minnesota
Updated Bike for a different Suzuki 650 (pictures)
09/25/10 at 20:56:27

Hated to see the savage go bye bye, perhaps I'll have to buy a different one some day just because they're so much fun, but I needed a new bike and bought the best buy they had at the dealer... $4000 bought the basic bike below, made some changes to make it a better daily commuter and better infrequent tourer, I hope I don't get kicked from the forum for not keeping my savage, I don't post much, but I lurk a lot  Sad

But here she is:

I added the gel pad under the seat, the touring windshield lip, the saddlebags, the raised handlebars...

IP Logged
Educatedredneck
Alliance Member

Sometimes it's
better to be lucky
than good.

Hampstead, Maryland
Re: Updated Bike for a different Suzuki 650 (pictu
Reply #1 - 09/25/10 at 21:15:10

Hey Balderdash, you can stay as long as you like.  Very nice bike, and neat mods to make it your own.  It's the fact you ride that matters.

1997 Savage - Hard Chrome Drag Pipe, Seat Mod, 152.5 main, 1 - #4 washer, Di Hard Battery, T-Kat, 1" Drag Bar
  IP Logged
lukeduck

"Come to terms
with the ass that
bears you"

Ontario, Ca.
Reply #2 - 09/25/10 at 21:37:19

Very nice bike Smiley. I've got the 08 Grin. Seems to be kinda a pig around town, but a great ride on the road. Seems to start running nice about 80-85. Should give 48-52 mpg. You know the GSX650F can coexist with the Savage/S40 quite nicely. Going up 1 tooth (16 tooth) on the front makes it a nicer bike.  Enjoy. Ride safe, far, and often---Luke

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 09/26/10 at 04:10:33

Nice scooter! Congrats! ... and, all are welcome around here ... best home on the WWW!! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #4 - 09/26/10 at 06:37:44

That looks like a decent bike and with those changes it looks like it would be alright for going longer distance. You can stay around, at least you have a bike, some have cars and linger here.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #5 - 09/26/10 at 07:56:40

Savage_Amusement wrote on 09/26/10 at 06:37:44:
That looks like a decent bike and with those changes it looks like it would be alright for going longer distance. You can stay around, at least you have a bike, some have cars and linger here.

if you mean me ,yes I drive a car because I have no use of my left hand ,at least it's a convertable so it feels like a bike,without the helmet,and I did ride for many years.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #6 - 09/26/10 at 15:39:18

I don't have a problem with it, just saying it doesn't matter if you don't have an S40.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #7 - 09/26/10 at 16:16:55

Nice bike!

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #8 - 09/26/10 at 16:53:17

Got my son an "F"  three months ago for his commute back and forth to school and travel. Already he's round tripped it twice to Los Angeles from Tucson. It's a bit over 500 miles there. His school daily mileage is about 45 miles a day. Something you may want to consider is going 1 tooth up on the countershaft sprocket. It made it a lot better at freeway speeds yet gave up nothing in town. Fuel mileage increased also. Sort of a no brainer at about $15. Great bike for just about anything you throw at it. Enjoy.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 09/26/10 at 17:09:07

I've always geared my chain bikes higher,Their geared to carry 2 people and unless your real heavy you don't tell must difference in power but the cruising is a lot nicer.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Balderdash

Minnesota
Reply #10 - 09/27/10 at 09:12:02

I was thinking about changing to a 16 tooth front sprocket the next time I needed to change sprockets anyway but so many people keep telling me how much better it is going to be I'll have to pick one up before it gets too cold and see for myself.  Thanks for the suggestions.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 18:46:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Updated Bike for a different Suzuki 650 (pictures)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.