Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SB 1070 already working? (Read 122 times)
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SB 1070 already working?
09/25/10 at 03:33:49

Crime is at its lowest in 20 years, and the Phoenix Police department says every major type of crime has seen a drop.

By the end of 2009, crime was down 16 percent, and the decline continued in 2010.

Homicides, rapes, robberies and theft are all down in the first six months of 2010. The Phoenix police department is crediting the drop with good police work. Levi Bolton from the Phoenix Law Enforcement Association says there's another reason for the drop -- and it's not necessarily good police work. He says that around 120,000 people have left Arizona, due to our immigration enforcement policies and the economy. He says the flight of illegal immigrants has had a significant impact on our crime rate.

Phoenix PD is has lost considerable man power. Recent cuts represent about 18 percent of the total sworn police and fire force. The fear, and subsequent flight, of illegal career criminals due to SB 1070 is believed to play a role in the dropping crime rates.

The feds want to stop 1070, but the numbers speak for themselves.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: SB 1070 already working?
Reply #1 - 09/25/10 at 08:02:52

I wonder how many Americans are going to pick tomatoes and letuce ?
for $5 an hour ,(is it that much)?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/25/10 at 11:53:33

there was a LEGAL process where mexican workers could come here, and earn better than minimum wage on farms.
Unfortunately, like all Federal programs, it was very cumbersome and time consuming.

IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #3 - 09/25/10 at 15:55:26

The thing that gets me is the perception that the hundreds of illegals crossing the Arizona border everyday are coming to pick fruit. They're working as framers, concrete workers, drywall installers and various other jobs that Americans have to compete for in the construction trades. Then you have the food service industry and the trucking companys. The list goes on and on. But what is thrown around, migrant farm workers. Why, because it paints a vision of coming here for hard work and going home which would actually be the easiest to monitor with work visas. The reality is very different and it not only adds to our crime problems but our social system. We've got to secure our borders to stop the flow then deal humanly with the people who have made lives here. These people are from all parts of the world, not just Mexico. Can't remember the last time I saw an Irishman or an Asian out picking vegetables Roll Eyes

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/25/10 at 17:18:35

the point is the ther feds have failed (again) to provide a workable system for migrant workers, of all kinds, to come her legally, be fairly treated, earn a living, support heir family back home and go back when they want.  
We have the technology to issue them documents like a license, allow them to get a diver's license (and insurance).
require them to present these documents just like us.
law abiding ones are welcome, gangs and criminal deported.
plain and simple.

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/25/10 at 20:45:50

mick wrote on 09/25/10 at 08:02:52:
I wonder how many Americans are going to pick tomatoes and letuce ?
for $5 an hour ,(is it that much)?

All the ones that want lettuce.

Mick, I got as much chance of getting kidnapped in Phoenix as I do in Baghdad...and so does my wife.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #6 - 09/25/10 at 21:26:44

Mick, I got as much chance of getting kidnapped in Phoenix as I do in Baghdad...and so does my wife.
[/quote]
I don't get it ????? the above that is

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #7 - 09/25/10 at 21:46:06

...because he isn't in Baghdad. Personally I don't think being kidnapped is an issue unless your in the mix with the criminals. I'm in Tucson and the biggest danger I feel here is riding south of here and coming up on something I shouldn't see or being jacked for my ride. I have ridden past groups of illegals and felt a bit uncomfortable while alone yet I'm sure most are peaceful and just trying to get a better life. The problem is the, 1 in 100 criminal. I don't know who he is so I carry just in case.  

Just looked at my post and want to clarify some parts. By group I mean 15-20 people. By south of here I mean 20 or 40 miles away from any town or even gas station. Many areas are out of cell areas.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 09:49:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › SB 1070 already working?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.