A thought (Read 161 times)
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Re: A thought
Reply #15 - 09/24/10 at 09:56:03

once back in the day when i was much thinner man i walked almost every day - i got ambitious one day decided to walk from my house to the college about 5 miles away - i started out fine and as I got closer to my turn around point i got very weak and felt like i was going to get sick (turned out to be low blood sugar - things you learn as you go thru life)...well in my desperation i asked God to help me find a dollar on the ground so i could get a coke or candy bar something to make the hooey's go away....i was approaching the bus stop where i had planned to stop and set for a minute before heading back - well there on the ground was a $20 bill - I said thank you God went across the street to the gas station and got a candy bar and a coke and gave the change to a lady with 4 kids driving an older car who was filling up her car.....God takes care us if we ask.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #16 - 09/24/10 at 10:04:37

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 09/24/10 at 05:48:30:
My suggestion is to help the working poor when you can, not the panhandlers.

For instance, cab drivers - give them a nice tip, not just a buck or two.

The single mom working as a waitress in a modest restaurant could sure use more than a typical 15% tip - give her 20 - 25% and make her day in addition to a little extra cash that she sorely needs.

These are the folks I try to reward.

where were you when I was a chauffeur ? Mr High Roller  Wink

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/24/10 at 10:20:06

In Boston I was heading to a sub shop with my sons. I saw a homeless guy who looked out of it, felt bad for him- being so well off by contrast- gave him a 5 dollar bill. We went on to the sub shop ordered and sat down to eat. A few minutes later the homeless guy comes in and orders a sub. I bought his dinner I guess.

Another time I saw a homeless guy in Cambridge sitting on a hot air vent by the subway entrance at Harvard Square. Beside him is his dog on a leash. Sitting on top of the dog is his cat. They looked cold, (December). They looked like a small family. I was proud that they stuck together.
It is a crazy world we are living in...and somewhere there are 28 hedgefund managers that made a billion dollars each last year, (only 200,000 dollars an hour!- In three hours they earn more than the president makes in a year.)
Things like this make me begin to hate. Angry

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 16:52:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › A thought

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!