Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Very basic carb question (Read 100 times)
nathanhooper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!
 Seriously...

NorthWest Arkansas
Very basic carb question
09/01/10 at 19:09:59

Ok, so this is seriously just a question, I got way too much on my plate to be doing any more modifications right now.  But I hear a lot about jet sizes and I am curious about mine.

I know for sure that I have the 145 main jet.  The other two up top of the carb I am not sure of.  One has a what looks like 230, or it could be just 23, but there is another stamp that just doesn't look so deep as the 23, almost positive it is 230.  The 230 leads down to the chamber on the side of the carb with the small diaphragm.  The other jet has a 45 on it.

So what is my set up?  Is it stock?  I live around 1000-1500 ft.  I live in the Ozarks, so the terrain varies greatly. I am just curious about it.  If someone that has fiddled with these things long enough I figured they could chime in and make some comments or something.

I almost got the bike back together tonight.  Not much to go, had to quit early and have some family time.  Air filter, gas tank, clutch cable, seat and I should be good to go tomorrow.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Very basic carb question
Reply #1 - 09/01/10 at 19:21:08

The ones from the top aren't fuel jets...

You've got a Main,.. and a pilot... They go up from the bottom, in the float bowl.. The pilot is next to the main, and it's long and skinny when you pull it...
Stock on a 95' or newer, is #145/ 52.5  main/pilot...

pic courtesy of Balderdash..

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
nathanhooper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!
 Seriously...

NorthWest Arkansas
Reply #2 - 09/02/10 at 04:49:50

Ahhh...thanks Smiley  When I was cleaning my carb I couldn't for the life of me get the pin out that holds the bowl.  So that figures why I did not get the numbers off the one underneath it.  I am almost positive its stock because the white spacer mod had not been done and I would figure it would be someones first attempt to messing with a carb.

IP Logged
nathanhooper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!
 Seriously...

NorthWest Arkansas
Reply #3 - 09/02/10 at 04:51:48

Well I spoke too soon.  I just looked at the picture again and its not underneath the bowl Roll Eyes.  Boy am I in for it today, I gotta wake up.  I took pictures of all the jets I saw, I wonder why that one didn't make the cut?  I am going to have to look at my pictures again.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 09/02/10 at 05:21:21

the 2 jets you found on the top are "air jets" and the one is a #230
do not change those jets, just clean them before reinstalling

on average, most Savage/S40 machines with a HD dyna or sporty muffler run well with a #52.5 pilot jet and #152.5 main jet, with the white spacer (or 3 washer replacement for it) mod, and proper adjustment of pilot air adjusting screw

there can be exceptions but most do well with that setup

by the way, my mantra...as always ... be sure to clean EVERY little passageway in the carb body or it will not react properly to tuning efforts and will frustrate you

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:18:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Very basic carb question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.