NOW!!

WV
Re: Ride in the rain
Reply #15 - 08/25/10 at 08:45:06

mpescatori wrote on 08/25/10 at 08:00:12:
Hey, Babyhog, congratulations !!!
Cool
One thing I didn't quite get, though...

...why on earth didn't you just buy tickets, see the film and wait out therain ???  Huh

Cheesy

Now, if you';re interested in original "see in the dark" equipment, consider a red strobo light next to the tailight

Anytime rain (or fog, or dust blown by the wind) is such to hamper visibility, just flick it on !

Smiley

Ha!  Yes, we thought about going on to the movie, but checked the weather on the iPhone and it was showing 50% chance of rain for the next several hours....  it was showing 10% before we left home!  My guess is as good as theirs, and I was bettin' it was gonna rain for a while. Rain was bad enough but I certainly didn't want to try rain in the dark.  LOL   Plus, I didn't like seeing my Piglet getting all wet....  

I like the strobe.  Saw a guy with something similar on the back of his helmet the other night.  It definitely stood out!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #16 - 08/26/10 at 06:59:16

I have rode my bike to work for the past 4 weeks every day. It has rained 4 times. HD riders are saying you will get wet going home, I tell them they should have bought a bike that will run in the rain. I bought my savage to ride not sit in a garage. The non riders at work then get after the HD riders and want to know why they are not ridding.   Wink

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #17 - 08/26/10 at 07:27:32

alcoa wrote on 08/26/10 at 06:59:16:
I have rode my bike to work for the past 4 weeks every day. It has rained 4 times. HD riders are saying you will get wet going home, I tell them they should have bought a bike that will run in the rain. I bought my savage to ride not sit in a garage. The non riders at work then get after the HD riders and want to know why they are not ridding.   Wink

I know it will run in the rain, I have only been riding 2 seasons and wasn't comfortable (not physically because of being wet, I mean mentally!) riding in the rain.  I prefer not to ride in the rain.  Wet roads scare me.  I'm glad you are fine, but this was my first experience.  Now I know I can do it, so I will ride whenever I want to, regardless of if it might rain.

Oh, I work with the same type of riders you do too!  haha

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #18 - 08/26/10 at 08:05:53

well - kudos for you BH - all you other wet butters'.....my pathetic candy ass is not going to do the wet butt by choice nor by accident......the painted parts are just too many to miss and the hydro plane potential is just not worth 1 dropping the bike (resulting damage = $$$) 2 potential road rash (resulting dr bill = $$$)....shear economics keeps me out of the wet butt club. Now the visual effects of the unplanned wet shirt/pants contest might be worth looking at...but no one - and i mean no one wants to see my fat ass in a wet shirt or wet pants.....so dry riding only for me.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 08/26/10 at 09:12:07

It seems every time I don't ride to work because of threatening looks and the forecast NOTHING falls, but those bee yoot ifull days i ride is when it rains.  I take the back way and drive much slower in the rain.

Some decent rain gear is coming soon, afternoon thunderstorms are very common here in central VA.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:25:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ride in the rain

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.