Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Windshield --  look over or thru ? (Read 242 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Windshield --  look over or thru ?
Reply #15 - 08/25/10 at 05:44:53

Maybe its the faring style of the "falcon", but I notice no difference in the windstream tween looking over or thru, as the windstream is well above my hemmit.

Id also forgot about the bug problem.

IMO, there is no advantage to looking "thru"

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #16 - 08/25/10 at 06:06:46

I cannot vouch for it, but have read that German law requires the windshield to be mounted so the rider looks over it.

National Cycle recommends their Plexifairing be mounted so the windshield angle is about the same as the fork angle. I noticed the edge of the Plexifairing is slightly bent, which they say it is supposed to deflect the wind slightly more upward. I found the bend was also optically distorting and didn't like it. I also like to look over the top of the windshield, so found that sawing about an inch off the top of the Plexifairing works perfectly for me.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #17 - 08/25/10 at 06:29:46

totally agree - if i were shorter and was forced to decide to cut off the top or look thru - i'd be looking for a shorter windshield or cutting the one i had - because of the distortion.....which if your facshiled is not "optically correct" and you compound that with windshield distortion you might as well be driving drunk...cause your view is going to be about the same if you had had a beer or 12......depending on how well you hold your alcohol.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #18 - 08/25/10 at 06:41:32

I haven't had distortions on the windshield Iv' had,But they were full size windshields maybe that is why.

« Last Edit: 08/25/10 at 13:38:26 by bill67 »  

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Bear

Electrical Engineer
- Retired - Ridin'
for 43 yrs

Central Washington State
Reply #19 - 08/25/10 at 09:58:23

I prefer windshields 2 to 2.5 inches below line of sight.  At highway speed put your hand up right in front of your face and feel where the wind hits.  Should just kiss the top of your helmet.  If the wind stream is way above your helmet, you are pushing more air than you need to and milage and handling will not be optimum.
At 5'10" the optional Suzuki S40 factory windshield is a bit to short for me, but I can live with it.  Better a little too short than too tall.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:28:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Windshield --  look over or thru ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.