Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
*&@$# Women in Mini Vans (Read 417 times)
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Re: *&@$# Women in Mini Vans
Reply #15 - 08/16/10 at 19:37:23

This is a result of a dumb woman in a huge SUV not paying attention. Light turned red and my friend stopped, I couldn't stop quick enough so I ended up in the cross walk.

Turned around to look and all I see is this suv crashing into him, it was surreal. She didn't hit her brakes, she used him instead. I called her a piece of shlt, and everything else you could think of under the sun. She was afraid to get out of her car until a cop came. She didn't say sorry about what happened, nor did she even care.

If she was a guy it would have been a whole different story. He ended up with a massive laceration on his thigh but is back to walking now.

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
jspace
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 08/16/10 at 19:52:35

i was riding to work on the freeway and the lady be me was putting on eye liner with the rearview mirror.  she kept on swerving into the other lanes.  i just hauled a** away from that death trap.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #17 - 08/17/10 at 00:55:43

I wont stay in a cars blind spot regardless of the speedlimit. When you go to pull up beside them roll on the throttle and get there!
When i go to pass or pull up im right by their window or even with their front tire.(watch their tires, they will tell you what their going to do before anything else).

Something else to keep in mind when comeing up on a car turning onto the road. If their setting there looking away from you their going to turn your direction. Dont count on them checking for oncomeing traffic again and seeing you.
Same way at lights, they watch the lights and dont check traffic when the light changes, they just turn or charge across. Watch their heads, its a tell tale for whats usualy going to happen. Not their eyes, their heads.

Behind them i leave myself room to react and go around them, even stopped at stoplights. Dont get baoxed in.
I stay left in their rear view mirror as well.
After stopping one eye is on  my mirrors for anyone approaching from the rear, both hands on the bars and only one foot down and in gear.
I know ive agravated a few because ill leave almost a full car length between me and the one in front when stopped. But not enough for a car to try and squeeze in.
I wait a few seconds when im in front to make sure no nimrod trys to run the light/stop sign.
2 seconds minimum following distance down the road.

Ride like your invisible, everyones trying to kill you(literaly) and take nothing for granted.

I feel safer on the interstate or open road than in town or especialy those death traps called parking lots.
Gimme deer n bugs over Mini vans n suv's anyday...lol

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #18 - 08/17/10 at 01:13:21

Some good advice there Wolfman.  I know what you mean by "watch the head, not the eyes", because the eyes don't always seem to see what's right in front of them.  Back when I first started riding, I spent a lot of time practicing on back roads, due to less traffic.  I was put-putting along at about 40 mph, when I see a pickup on a sideroad to the right, with his left signal on.  I see him look right, look left (I was looking him in the eye, so he should've seen me, yeah right!), and when he looked right again, I knew he was pulling out.  I was already braking when he did, and it wasn't until he was far enough out that I was pointed right at his door that he saw me coming. Grin  His eyes sure got big then though! Shocked

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
jsarsfield

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 08/17/10 at 06:48:29

I don't care if it a man or a woman if someone did to me what the OP stated I would be following her and when she pulled over I'd be meeting her with the back of my hand .... I'm sick of the "i don't hit women"  People are people and all sexes are equal and not excluded from retribution.   As for arming yourself while riding I think guns are for girl thingies but that just me and if I really needed a weapon while riding I would probably unscrew my mirror and use that.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #20 - 08/17/10 at 07:19:25

Our governor is a motorcyclist.  He founded an annual ride in 2001 "Freedom Rally" to honor troops, fire and rescue personnel.  It was this past weekend, but I was afraid it was gonna rain, so I didn't go.  He also declared the month of May as Motorcycle Awareness Month, to try to teach car drivers to be more aware of motorcycles.  We have alot of billboards asking drivers to watch out for motorcycles.  I don't know how much all this has helped, but it certainly can't hurt.

Yesteday, I was riding along a 4-lane, with a turn lane in the center.  Someone pulled out from my left, turning left, into the turn lane.  I was riding in the fast lane, hubby behind me.  I slowed, figuring she was gonna pull into my lane, but she stayed in the middle.  I eased up to her rear tire and hit my horn, just in case. 

Kevin - glad your buddy is ok.  The bike doesn't look so lucky.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 08/17/10 at 07:24:08

I watched a guy goose a big truck yesterday. Looked to me like he lurched the front end out in traffic, just to see if everyone could dodge his truck.. Thers no way Ill believe he thot he could pull away from that stop sign. He was facing the initial "pulse" of traffic that is the result of a red light holding traffic back, then turning green & sending that load of cars down the road. I was about 6 cars back, maybe more, 2 lanes of traffic approaching him. The guy in the outside lane was ahead a bit or he would have had no place to go. The truck lurched out, 1/2 wayacross the first lane & stopped. The car was running at least 40 MPH& was only 60 or so feet from the truck when it stopped. He jerked the car into the next lane & brake lights popped up everywhere in front of me. When we passed the truck, still sitting 1/2 wayacross the lane, Carol said "He's laughing", Thats why I wonder if he didnt do it on purpose, that & thefact that he didnt just "overlook" one car, the road was FULL with oncoming & even IF he hadfloored it & not slowed down, thers no way he woulda made it. The rear of the truck wouldnt even have been clear of the stop sign when cars would have been stacking up on the side of that truck.
I turned around, went & got the "1-800 HOws MyDriving" number
& called it in.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #22 - 08/17/10 at 12:37:22

Got to remember there's some of them a-holes that will 'F###' with you just for the he!! of it. They think its funny the one eyebrowed knuckle dragging morons. They dont think about it killing someone. Then theres the one's who ARE actualy trying to make you go down. Double or triple the penalties for causeing ANY kind of motorcycle accident by a cager and it would take the 'fun' out of it for them.

I usualy have my gps on my bars when doing a ride but town runs many times i don't have it. If its open road ill check my speedo, lots of room you know. If its wall to wall cages(rush hour ect) i ride with the flow and don't sweat it keeping a nice distance between the car in front and as much buffer to either side. Tap them rear brakes a lot comeing up on lights and do it sooner then i would in my truck...get their attention.
I stay off my wimpy arsed horn unless i really need it. Ive seen to many 'gut reactions' where folks would automaticly yank their vehicle halfway into another lane when they hear the horn and have'nt seen you.
If i think they have'nt seen me setting back there stareing into their rear view mirror ill beep and flash before passing.(and when i pass i PASS, roll on that throttle!)
Other wise i leave the horn for emergencies. Need to find me a better one then the wimpy arsed beeepp on the S40. No room for an air horn and the 130 decibels ive tried are'nt any better then stock.

Hit a woman? Ill take one hit from a woman, second hit she's going to get slapped. But keep in mind even in todays 'self centered only me world', you get seen hitting a woman your still liable to have half a dozen guys stop to come to her rescue. Especialy if she's cute or got kids visible. Cops are more likely to take her 'versions' of the story as well.
Most states now days she may well be carrying concealed or at least carrying a tazer or mace. Smack her and she has cause to use it against the BIG MEAN MAN.
Either way it ends bad for you. Remember, we already got a bad rep as no good bad arsed drug useing gun toteing law breaking bikers.(add EASY to the women riders)
Like momma used to say, use your words not your fists....lol
Guy on the other hand, well he's SOL as long as he's over 18. Wink

When im out and about i go the extra mile to act polite, open doors, smile ect when in my bike regalia. And i STILL get a lot of folks that wont look me in the eyes, walk to the other side of the aisle in wal-mart ect and act scared of me.
Course i kinda got that for years anyway in my normal togs, im kinda rough looking...lol My ponytail and beard dont help much now either. Cheesy

Apperance and how you bring it off means much. Most folks are shallow and judge you by your outside, not the real you inside untill they get to know you. And most you never get to know, they just see 'the look'.
No not "THE LOOK!" you get when the ole lady gets miffed at you. Guys know what im talking about.
Maybe babyhog will get hubby to take a pic of her doing The Look and post a pic for those that dont...lol

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #23 - 08/18/10 at 20:02:20

Man some people got no patiance or common sense.
Was crossing the overpass just about where the idjit in the minivan tried to run me over. Lights green and im running through with all the other traffic. Big stinking diesel king cab truck waiting in the oncomeing lane, already nosed over the line.
Just as i pass him he turns left behind me so d@mn close i thought he was going to clip my arse end.
Got half a notion to weld rebar all over the bike and sharpen it so it looks as dangerous as a porcupine. See if they want to 'bump me' then...lol

On a side note seen two middle aged gals on can-am spyders last night. Their ok, just not the type of ride id enjoy. And both seemed to be leaning foreward on the handlebars and in a sportbike position. Kinda uncomfortable looking to me. Too pricey as well. Grin

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #24 - 08/19/10 at 06:21:40

Wolfman wrote on 08/17/10 at 12:37:22:
And most you never get to know, they just see 'the look'.
No not "THE LOOK!" you get when the ole lady gets miffed at you. Guys know what im talking about.
Maybe babyhog will get hubby to take a pic of her doing The Look and post a pic for those that dont...lol

Haha, yea, he knows THE LOOK for sure.  A pic just wouldn't do it justice though.. LOL

Speaking of being scary looking....  I work with a guy who rides with a bunch of military veterans.  He's a very nice guy, but with his leathers on, tattoos, scruffy facial hair, do-rag, etc, he can look like a dirtbag.  He told me once he was in Walmart and came upon a little old woman and man.  As he came toward them, the woman covered her purse, like he was gonna grab it from her.  He said he actually turned around and spoke to her, told her he was a nice guy, and that he would be the first to chase someone if he saw someone try to run off with her purse.  He said she apologized and was very sweet!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 08/19/10 at 08:50:40

spark plugs, marbles, coins...I kind of liked the gun Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home