Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
global warming (Read 276 times)
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: global warming
Reply #15 - 08/14/10 at 13:13:22

Moscow is 25 degrees warmer than normal this summer- keeping records for over a 100 years. In Maine I think we are just 10 degrees above ave - 75 was ave, 85 common now for the summer.

I hate the heat. If I still lived in Mass. where Ed Markey comes from, the ave temp would be in the 90's this summer.

Global warming - it is real, and it is man made. Yeah I know, Antarctica was a tropical paradise once during time of dinosaurs, but that was 300 million years ago, not 20 years ago. 10 degrees warmer average at my house in 20 years means in 30 years it will feel like Death Valley! I'll be able to fry eggs on my tank!
The potato fields up here are all dying off from the heat and no rain. Irrigated fields are having a tough time too. Potatoes are a Maine tradition, and a cool weather crop. I've never seen a field of potatoes die off in the 25 years I've been up here from heat and lack of rain. Embarrassed

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #16 - 08/14/10 at 16:35:07

tcreeley wrote on 08/14/10 at 13:13:22:
Moscow is 25 degrees warmer than normal this summer- keeping records for over a 100 years. In Maine I think we are just 10 degrees above ave - 75 was ave, 85 common now for the summer.

I hate the heat. If I still lived in Mass. where Ed Markey comes from, the ave temp would be in the 90's this summer.

Global warming - it is real, and it is man made. Yeah I know, Antarctica was a tropical paradise once during time of dinosaurs, but that was 300 million years ago, not 20 years ago. 10 degrees warmer average at my house in 20 years means in 30 years it will feel like Death Valley! I'll be able to fry eggs on my tank!
The potato fields up here are all dying off from the heat and no rain. Irrigated fields are having a tough time too. Potatoes are a Maine tradition, and a cool weather crop. I've never seen a field of potatoes die off in the 25 years I've been up here from heat and lack of rain. Embarrassed  

You watch, we will have a little cold snap in January and the guys on this site will all say were is that global warming everyone is talking about .? They just don't get it.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/14/10 at 18:24:02

Guys, think about what you're saying: 25 degrees warmer in Moscow, 10 degrees in Maine.Not even the craziest global warming freak imagines higher temps like that.  We're talking about fractions of a degree over decades.

Here's what I don't understand; all you global warming guys will jump at any other conspiracy theory tossed out by almost anybody: Federal Reserve, Blood for Oil, Obama is a Muslim, and on and on,  but the obvious scam that’s right in front of your face is ignored. Millions, no that's not right, BILLIONS of dollars are at stake as long as the global warming scam stays in effect and you’re blind to it.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #18 - 08/14/10 at 18:41:01

Webster I'm not disagreeing with your scam theory  but what happens when you are riding a motorcycle in the country and you ride into a city. The temp goes up 3 or 4 degrees. All the pavement and asphalt makes the temp go up. No real motorcycle rider can disagree with that. No matter what anyone says a motorcyclist should know better than anyone that man is contributing to global warming.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #19 - 08/14/10 at 20:31:11

I guess all the country's that are doing something about it are all wrong
all of Europe,Great Britain,Russia,and even China have started to see the light,look at japan, you can buy jap engines all day long with 45 thousand miles on them,they won't use them after that,they sell em to us. the biggest palooters on earth, USA.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 08/14/10 at 21:15:31

WebsterMark wrote on 08/14/10 at 18:24:02:
Guys, think about what you're saying: 25 degrees warmer in Moscow, 10 degrees in Maine.Not even the craziest global warming freak imagines higher temps like that.  We're talking about fractions of a degree over decades.

Here's what I don't understand; all you global warming guys will jump at any other conspiracy theory tossed out by almost anybody: Federal Reserve, Blood for Oil, Obama is a Muslim, and on and on,  but the obvious scam that’s right in front of your face is ignored. Millions, no that's not right, BILLIONS of dollars are at stake as long as the global warming scam stays in effect and you’re blind to it.

Whatare you tawkin 'bout Willis? The way I see if, the same guys who dont think the fed is a problem believe in the GW lies/  
That no one wants to talk about the melting ice caps on m,ars at the same time our planet was warming is enough for me to see they havent the ability to think for themselves. They live tyo be lied to & they tyhink Im an idiot because I wont get on board the crazytrain.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 08/14/10 at 21:53:01

mick wrote on 08/14/10 at 20:31:11:
I guess all the country's that are doing something about it are all wrong
all of Europe,Great Britain,Russia,and even China have started to see the light,look at japan, you can buy jap engines all day long with 45 thousand miles on them,they won't use them after that,they sell em to us. the biggest palooters on earth, USA.

here's a exert from a carbon footprint column...
Quote:
We also need to remember the CO2 required to build the car. There are a variety of sources for this, from the energy required to build the car (welding / pressing etc), the energy required for production of parts from raw materials and even the footprint required to scrap and recycle a vehicle. The SMMT (Society for Motor Manufacturers and Traders) gives an official figure of about a tonne of CO2 for this whole process. This is widely believed to be far too low.

So let’s say that 1000kg of CO2 is created building a new car, that’s 1,000,000 g of CO2. And lets say that 30g/km is actually saved by getting a newer, smaller, more efficient car through the scrappage scheme. To offset the impact of manufacturing would take a minimum of 20,000 miles of driving, or almost one complete lap of the earth.

Another source is Professor Julia King, vice-chancellor of Aston University who for the Governmenet calculated that 85% of a car’s CO2 is from fuel , 10% production and 5% destruction. In the simplest terms that means owning one car is 8% more CO2 efficient than owning 2 cars over the same period.
(10%+85%+85%+5% v 10%+85%+5%+10%+85%+5%)

so those super efficient buddies of yours are actually 8% higher polluters then the US.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 08/14/10 at 22:22:42

Who cares about CO2? Its what plants use to make O2 with, innitt?
In oil production, CO2 is pumped down hole, to drive oil toward a recovery zone.

Worried about CO2? PLant some trees...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #23 - 08/14/10 at 22:27:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/14/10 at 21:15:31:
WebsterMark wrote on 08/14/10 at 18:24:02:

Whatare you tawkin 'bout Willis? The way I see if, the same guys who dont think the fed is a problem believe in the GW lies/  
That no one wants to talk about the melting ice caps on m,ars at the same time our planet was warming is enough for me to see they havent the ability to think for themselves. They live tyo be lied to & they tyhink Im an idiot because I wont get on board the crazytrain.

You are already on a crazy train of your own,like I believe one word GW ever spouted, have you looked at your writing lately ? my 5 year old grandson writes better.
I have no idea why any government would lie about global warming,
what do they have to gain by doing so ?
It's amazing that you don't believe something that has been proven time and again, but put a stupid bible in front of you and you believe every word with out checking it's sauce,oops sorry, there is no proof,
but you guys just lap that sh1t right up.
BTW who is your god today is it Jesus Christ superstar,God, or the holy ghost, ?
Another BTW "Jesus Christ Superstar " still is my favorite musical movie, cute story too.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 08/14/10 at 22:43:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/14/10 at 22:22:42:
Who cares about CO2? Its what plants use to make O2 with, innitt?
In oil production, CO2 is pumped down hole, to drive oil toward a recovery zone.

Worried about CO2? PLant some trees...

i don't really care about co2 directly.
but it is indirectly pollution and a measure of energy spent, very important.

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #25 - 08/14/10 at 22:53:47

worried about CO2 plant some trees.
While your at it plant trees that bear fruit or nuts,then you get the best of both worlds, more oxygen and a snack, I did see a street in Tuscon AZ that had Orange trees in the center divider,good idea,quench your thirst while crossing the street.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 08/15/10 at 05:46:42

Midnight: that is not global warming. By that logic, everytime I open my door when the AC is on, I'm contributing to global cooling. but the point you bring up is one of those points glossed over by Al Gore & Company which is that data from temp sensors installed decades ago are used to support the idea of global warming, however what was farm fields years ago are now parking lots and strip malls. There was a famous report done to try and factor temps from these sites out, but gee..... the climate experts tossed it out. Wonder why?............

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #27 - 08/15/10 at 06:12:48

In the USA the average temperature has went up .04 degrees in the last 30 years,So in another 45 years we will be up 1 degree from 1980.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 08/15/10 at 09:11:30

No Mick, it wasnt proven. What WAS proven was that the raw data that was used somehow all just disappeared & they did set up weatherstations on top of buildings, near AC units. Niow, If you want to discuss this, we can, but if youre going to treat me like someone you would spit on, then we cant. I have aREASON for my belief in God. No one taught me to believe. In fact, in my house, the word God was nearly always followed by Da mn. I CHoose to type the way I do, except for the spacing, The space bar is messed up, onlyworks on one end,

There is an agenda, Mick, Its all about $$$, the goal is to pass a carbon tax. But, it requires a Manufactured Consent.

Once again, problem,reaction,solution.
Remember the threat of a coming ice age? Just before the GW thing?

Naaaah, not worth it.. YOu dont want to know whats going on, you just want to believe you do. If YOude do some reading & go hunting info that conflicts with what weve all been told, then youd have a chance, but sine I am the one saying this, thers no way youll do it..

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 08/15/10 at 10:32:10

Does this mean that each time I shoot my CO2 pellet gun I am warming the earth some more?
Hey that CO2 had to come from some where before they pressed it into that little cartridge, and when I release it back into the atmosphere I am encouraging the growth of green plants on earth which turn it back into a fibrous carbon compound such as wood.
The gain in CO2 in the earth atmosphere is probably due more to the defoliation of the earth than what ever we are emitting. After all If there are not enough green plants to convert it, we have a problem.
We need to stop chopping down trees and burning brush and learn to wipe our butt$ some other way.
Dogs have solved the problem by scooting along the grass. Could you do the same? Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 12:53:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › global warming

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.