global warming (Read 276 times)
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
global warming
08/11/10 at 00:03:20

Every one seems to be very quiet about the heat wave they are having in Russia,the floods in Pakistan,the opressive heat in the mid and lower states.
Now we have an island of ice 100 square miles big,that's 4 times the size of manhatten,it's drifting across the atlantic ocean after breaking off from a glacier in Greenland. I could very easily run into oil rigs ,it could drift into shipping lanes ,( see Titanic) .
US rep Edward Marky of massachusetts suggesting it could serve as a home for climate change skeptic's.
I suppose as usual you right wing Rush Limbough fans will listen to him because he is all knowing all seeing and a huge athourity on global warming.
In my old country he would be known as a "TWERP",in Scotland he would be known as an "eegit"
And in the old Germany he would be Hitlers second in command,ooops sorry he is a jew right ?
He is just an not a very nice person.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Re: global warming
Reply #1 - 08/11/10 at 01:45:16

Nuts to russia, we're burning up here ourselves!
Floods in pakistan have displaced over 4 million and over 3000 have drowned. But compared to the tsnunami a few years back(275,000 dead, the hatian earthquake(among others...175,000 dead was'nt it?) the pakistan floods are kind of small potatoes.
China lost over 400 dead in just one mudslide three days ago. Forget how many they were still looking for.
Mother Nature isnt to happy with the human population infesting her and shes doing a lil pruneing.

As to the iceberg(s) unless its a new one there were two that broke off bigger then manhatten island(each) over 3 months ago.
Scientist claimed the first one(smaller one) was big enough to cause some long term temp and climate changes as well as threaten some shipping lanes. What can you expect from an ice cube large enough to supply the whole USA with ALL its fresh water needs for a year. Shocked

But global warming overall is nothing new(no Al Gore didnt discover it). It seems to happen supposedly every 50,000 years or so. Kinda falls in between all the ice ages.
I myself am waiting until the magnetic poles shift in 2012 so i can buy a new compass...lol

Edward Marky? Never heard of him....lol

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 08/11/10 at 03:28:00

Wolfman wrote on 08/11/10 at 01:45:16:
Nuts to russia, we're burning up here ourselves!
Floods in pakistan have displaced over 4 million and over 3000 have drowned. But compared to the tsnunami a few years back(275,000 dead, the hatian earthquake(among others...175,000 dead was'nt it?) the pakistan floods are kind of small potatoes.
China lost over 400 dead in just one mudslide three days ago. Forget how many they were still looking for.
Mother Nature isnt to happy with the human population infesting her and shes doing a lil pruneing.

As to the iceberg(s) unless its a new one there were two that broke off bigger then manhatten island(each) over 3 months ago.
Scientist claimed the first one(smaller one) was big enough to cause some long term temp and climate changes as well as threaten some shipping lanes. What can you expect from an ice cube large enough to supply the whole USA with ALL its fresh water needs for a year. Shocked

But global warming overall is nothing new(no Al Gore didnt discover it). It seems to happen supposedly every 50,000 years or so. Kinda falls in between all the ice ages.
I myself am waiting until the magnetic poles shift in 2012 so i can buy a new compass...lol

Edward Marky? Never heard of him....lol

Edward Marky, wow you have never heard him,you should be ashamed of yourself.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 08/11/10 at 05:01:16

Hottest day in August in my town was 22 years ago 106 degrees.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Horatio Hawkshaw
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/11/10 at 05:49:52

At the other end of the spectrum, crops in southern California are not ripening due to a near-record cool summer...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/11/10 at 06:14:37

South America is in the midst of record cold. http://en.trend.az/regions/world/ocountries/1723309.html
California is having a very cool summer. http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_15723011
Giant icebergs break loose all the time. I'm 49 years old and I've heard this story every year for 40 years.

Humans probably are responsible for raising the temp a tiny, tiny amount. The rest seems to be part of a natural cycle. The simplest example is the place most of us are sitting right now was covered in ice thousands of years ago so clearly there is warming.

Besides, there are a million things higher on the priority list that some made-up, money producing, tenure granting, book writing, deity granting scheme that has become man-made global warming.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #6 - 08/11/10 at 06:57:08

Look at all the building and roads that hold the heat over night,That weren't there 100 years ago.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #7 - 08/11/10 at 08:46:32

WebsterMark is right.

Just go back to your 3rd/5th grade schoolbooks and you'll find that 100,000 years ago the Temperate zone was cooler, rainier, greener, with saber-toothed tigers and mammooth elephants.

I'm not making this up, just go and research at your nearest Museum of Natural History.

Historical records have it that, for example, Timbuktu was the capital city of a green, luscious and fertile area no more than 1000 years ago.
Pisa was a seaport, now it's 15 km inland (it's silt from the river, not receding sea level)

Links courtesy of Verslagen showed, some time ago, that there are records by paleontologists and paleometereologists to show that there are at least three different weather cycles, one lasting about 4000 years, one 12,000 years, one 120,000 years.
By sheer coincidence, we are now antering a perdiod where all three cycles meet in a common, overlapping high, producing temperatures which tend to rise year after year.
Some 60,000 years ago, the world saw a common, overlapping trough (=low) resulting in a few centuries colder than usual, in the middle of an ice age.

So, what do we do, blame GM and Toyota for global warming?

In proportion, it's like blaming your flashlight because the sun is setting...  Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/11/10 at 09:34:00

bill67 wrote on 08/11/10 at 06:57:08:
Look at all the building and roads that hold the heat over night,That weren't there 100 years ago.

Bill is right, as a matter of fact, many weather recording stations started out in grassed fields and literally have had parking lots, buildings, AC units, etc. built under and next to them.  
So much for accurate measurements and the scientific process......
Besides, you cant get gubmint grants for natural events.

Oh, and for all you anti capitalists, Duke Energy (in NC) reported that investors would make billions if Cap and Trade legislation went through and they started selling carbon credits and other such snakeoil.  Wonder WHO would be footing that bill????
nothing made or used.  
hmmmm

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/11/10 at 11:28:08

Can't you guys figure a way  to make Obama responsible for this?
Where are the teabaggers when you need them?

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #10 - 08/11/10 at 14:20:48

Al Gore invented the internet and discovered global warming. He will save us! Cheesy Grin

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #11 - 08/11/10 at 21:25:42

"between about 1500 and 1850 (NRC, 2006). Average temperatures were possibly up to 2ºF colder than today, but varied by region. "
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/pastcc.html

TWO DEGREES PEOPLE!!! Run for your lives! It's 2, count 'em TWO degrees warmer. If that's not proof of global warming, I don't know what is. I mean, look at all the huge populations on the earth at that time. From 1500 to the 1850's they had to be burning huge amounts of fossil fuels, using hairspray like crazy, erecting enormous sky scrappers that blocked out the sun,...
I also love watching the weather. They give you todays high, then tell you the record highs and lows for that same date. Back on July 18th we were at 97 degrees here in Fort Worth, the record was 106 set back in 1954.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/wxclimatology/daily/76110?climo...
So, is it getting warmer or hotter? Guess it's all in how you cook the numbers. Wink

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 08/11/10 at 21:33:48

The ice caps on Mars were melting while our temperatures were rising. Solar activity is a big influence on our weather. The climate has been changing since air started blowing around this planet. Its a huge scam that is being perpetrated, trying to pass a carbon tax & gain more government  control.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #13 - 08/11/10 at 21:38:43

Oh, speaking of Al, I almost forgot about these. Have fun! Smiley

"Al Gore defends his extraordinary personal energy usage by telling critics he maintains a "carbon neutral" lifestyle by buying "carbon offsets," but the company that receives his payments turns out to be partly owned and chaired by the former vice president himself. "

"Gore, whose film warning of a coming cataclysm due to man-made "global warming" won two Oscars, has a mansion in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville that consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, citing data from the Nashville Electric Service. "
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=40445

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #14 - 08/12/10 at 03:41:45

Ah He!! guys n gals, ya gotta die sometime.
We're either going to burn up from global warming or drown when all the icecaps melt.
Oh wait, i forgot we're all going toes up in 2012 when the all the planets align and Mother Earth kills us all.
That is if someone dont start a nuke war first.
Or all medical testing or our tampering with viruses creates another super bug. Swine fly, bird flu, ebola, bubonic plague or Spanish Flu.
Or all that escaped freon from our airconditioners finaly does away with the ozone level.(This one is on going now)
Lets not forget we're about due for another ice age.
Or that we're over due for a ELE meteor strike(extinction level event).
Avereages every 650 million years and we're supposed to be 50 million years over due.
We could get off easy though. Just have a major volcanoe erupt like at the beginning of the Dark Ages. Have three or four years of winter like weather year round.
Or the super volcanoe under Yellowstone erupts and wipes out 3/4's of the U.S. in one fell swoop overnight.
Or Armageddon when the Angels and Demons make war on earth.
Or the rapture and we get left behind.
Nuts! I almost forgot. What about being invaded by retillian aliens to steal all our water and use us as a food source.
Or some free roaming planet collides with us or passes within the moons orbit to create massive gravity fluxuations. Wait, thats also part of the 2012 mayan predition
Makes worrying about cagers trying to run us over for fun seem like a minor annoyance. Grin Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 13:52:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › global warming

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.