Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
To Saddlebag or Not to Saddlebag... (Read 440 times)
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Re: To Saddlebag or Not to Saddlebag...
Reply #15 - 08/02/10 at 10:49:09

I have these no name bags from a surplus store, mounted on home made ghost brackets. Before I made the brackets, I just drilled & tapped two 5/16" holes in the fender brace & mounted them using spacers & bolts.

My new bike has leather wrapped hard bags that lock. Grin

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - 08/02/10 at 12:30:59

I'm thinking of this but I haven't gotten it yet so I can't tell ya how well it works...good reviews tho'
http://www.amazon.com/Cortech-Sport-Tail-Bag/dp/B002ZKGUOI/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #17 - 08/02/10 at 20:49:56

you'd have to custom mount it.. but a hard lockable scooter trunk for 20$ isn't bad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Scooter-Motorcycle-Storage-Box-Trunk-Free-...

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
FlybysBlvd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Reply #18 - 08/03/10 at 04:32:56

Bubba wrote on 08/02/10 at 12:30:59:
I'm thinking of this but I haven't gotten it yet so I can't tell ya how well it works...good reviews tho'
http://www.amazon.com/Cortech-Sport-Tail-Bag/dp/B002ZKGUOI/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

I have the super mini tank bag and it fits great, I would be interested in a review if you get it.  I have saddle bags but not big ones, plus I had to remove the mounts until we figure out something different.
C

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #19 - 08/03/10 at 05:12:23

I do not know alot about these bags, they were on the bike when I bought it.  They are Saddleman and they have a slant to them.  I can probably get two gallons of milk in each one and have a little room (very little) on top for something else.  I did move the turn signals, so they would fit in better and I need a support to put in the right side.  That bag does not get into the wheel, but I think it might, if I loaded it down, and a brace of some sort would solve that problem.  The belt guard keeps it out on the other side.

If the question is "To saddlebag or not to saddlebag" I would definetly vote to.  I kind of like the look with out the bags, but the bike is alot more practical with them.  I don't go for the real groceries with the bike, but I can pick up whatever we need from town while I am there.

Just my $0.02 worth.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #20 - 08/04/10 at 02:53:01

I recommend you do something, anything to get rid of the pack on your back. In the event of an unscheduled get-off, you could do grave injury to your spine if you slam down on that pack.  I found a 14" saddlebag to be about the largest to fit and still preserve the asthetics (for me). As for large sissybar bags, they're a no-go for me if strapped, as intended, on the sissybar. I feel they obscure the tail light. Turned around they press into my back too much to be comfortable. For my day to day commute to work (I have to change cloths too), I use a back pack, but it's strapped to the rear pillion with bungee cords, using "The Hooker" from Willy and Max. Highly recommend it.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
FlybysBlvd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Reply #21 - 08/04/10 at 09:20:25

mornhm - FSO wrote on 08/02/10 at 10:31:54:
I used a trunk when I was riding the Savage. Currently for my Concours

We have a Concours too! Actually (2) - a 97 and 06 - best "inexpensive" sport touring bike.  What a coincidence. Concours has quite a bit of storage, we have the Givi trunk, saddlebags and BF has tank bag on the bike too

We actually have to many bikes:2003 FZ1, 2001 SV650, 1996 YZF600, (2) Connie's, (2) Suzuki DR'S 350 & 450- & S40 (guess which is ONLY mine)  Grin

Nice to know another Concours rider.
C

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #22 - 08/04/10 at 10:52:40

I bought Willie Max saddlebags and the suzuki brackets 2 years ago and never put them on,I like the looks without them. I don't see many bikes with bags accept the big tourers.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Jive--FSO

SuzukiSavage.com

Beckley, WV
Reply #23 - 08/04/10 at 14:00:31

Has anyone saw the WalMart saddle bags?  They look to be made of nylon, and are $58 at my local store.

http://www.hondarebelforum.com/f68/walkmart-saddle-bags-1881-2.html

Jive

IP Logged
jimsgirl
YaBB Newbies

Boulevard S40  
 Rose &
Pearl

Campbell, California
Reply #24 - 08/04/10 at 14:28:57

Jay wrote on 08/04/10 at 02:53:01:
I recommend you do something, anything to get rid of the pack on your back. In the event of an unscheduled get-off, you could do grave injury to your spine if you slam down on that pack. ths too), I use a back pack, but it's strapped to the rear pillion with bungee cords, using "The Hooker" from Willy and Max. Highly recommend it.

Thanks, Jay - I hadn't thought of the unscheduled get-off. I appreciate all the photos of what everyone has - it helps to know what it's gonna look like.

A strong man sails by ash breeze.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:15:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › To Saddlebag or Not to Saddlebag...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.