Send Topic Print
DZ Customs (Read 377 times)
sitkasavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

DZ Customs
07/27/10 at 11:05:56

Has anyone bought the hardtail struts from DZ Customs on Ebay? If so, what can you tell me about the product?

IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Re: DZ Customs
Reply #1 - 07/27/10 at 12:40:06

i just ordered one less then a min ago.  product looks sturdy and he will cut it to your specifications.  the smallest strut he does is 9" which i believe will lower your bike around 3" - 3.5".  only thing is he charges extra to either paint/powder coat it and the addition of spikes.  i bought just the plan strut as i can paint it on my own.  initailly the price is fair for the strut and his apes but i think he overcharges on the pegs, unless he's a student of classical economics and knows that no one else has after market pegs for the savage  Grin

What can brown do for you!
aatif96   IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #2 - 07/27/10 at 17:29:35

My impression of DZ Customs is that he's a little high in price but good quality and service and a good guy.

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #3 - 07/27/10 at 18:13:24

As far as O-ring pegs go you can get the same ones at any Harley dealer for less and drill them yourself, it's not that hard.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #4 - 07/27/10 at 20:55:02

i moded some ninja pegs by cutting the thickness down with a grinderuifor my bike.. it worked and that cost  me 25$ a set of custom harley pegs will cost ya 30-40$..

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #5 - 07/27/10 at 20:59:07

Hashbrown wrote on 07/27/10 at 12:40:06:
i just ordered one less then a min ago.  product looks sturdy and he will cut it to your specifications.  the smallest strut he does is 9" which i believe will lower your bike around 3" - 3.5".  only thing is he charges extra to either paint/powder coat it and the addition of spikes.  i bought just the plan strut as i can paint it on my own.  initailly the price is fair for the strut and his apes but i think he overcharges on the pegs, unless he's a student of classical economics and knows that no one else has after market pegs for the savage  Grin  

Let us know about your buying experience with the guy and how the install goes. Post pics!

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Reply #6 - 07/27/10 at 23:18:13

i certainly will  in the process of building a bobber using products from DZ to blue collar to stuff i randomly found.  ill post the build when its done

What can brown do for you!
aatif96   IP Logged
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 01/10/11 at 09:51:35

i am looking to buy the cone iflter and maybe the struts from this guy ...can any one tell me how is he???

IP Logged
TheSnakeLady

Thumpers Rule!!!

Central New York
Reply #8 - 01/10/11 at 10:21:26

Personally I've orderd several times from dz customs and I've always been impressed.  Even if he seems a little pricey, the quality of the products make it worth it, plus he tells you flat out if it'll fit stock or if you need to do mods.

My ride is a 2005 LS650, customized with ISO grips, cone air filter, stage 1 jets, Jardine exhaust, solo seat, AM turn sigs, and a catseye tail light. Next year, custom paint job (hopefully)!
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #9 - 01/10/11 at 12:38:23

I am also adding having bought from him before, his stuff is not the best price but the quality is good and he's a reliable seller on eBay.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #10 - 01/12/11 at 15:23:15

My bike had these rigid struts on it when I bought it. Appeared to be good quality and if I liked the hardtail ride, I probably would've kept them.

The holes measured about 9" eye to eye & the struts total length was about 10 1/4", made of what appeared to be 1/2" steel, with the spikes extending about 1 1/8"

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #11 - 01/13/11 at 07:48:13

Do you still have those or want to get rid of them?

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #12 - 01/13/11 at 08:20:32

No, I sold them to another member here in 12/09 (Biddie) but he wrecked his bike last year & I'm not sure if he still would have them or not.  Sad

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:23:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DZ Customs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.