Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
What did you do to your Savage today? (Read 829 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: What did you do to your Savage today?
Reply #15 - 07/27/10 at 14:44:52

This afternoon I applied my reflecting yellow rim strips:

WWW   IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #16 - 07/27/10 at 21:11:21

LWRider wrote on 07/26/10 at 14:22:59:
babyhog wrote on 07/26/10 at 11:29:46:
Wow, you did alot!  How difficult was the muffler swap?  Got any pics of it?

Here's Pic of the muffler on the bike. I had removed the tank for some wiring work. Ths muffler has great tone and once one the backfiring all but stopped.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/415/newmufflerandfender.jpg

And here's a Closeup of where it attaches to the rear muffler bracket.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3057/mufflermounting.jpg

Here's the bike as it was when I picked it up for free in Alabama. You can see the mix and match of colored fenders and the spare parts that came with it.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4891/beforeontrailer.jpg

Cheers,

Mike

nice deal ya almost got two bikes for the price of none.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #17 - 07/28/10 at 09:34:13

Cleaned the bug splatters off, wash & wax job.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
cursal

Daily Savage Rider

Eugene, OR
Reply #18 - 07/28/10 at 10:33:06

Changed a dead front right blinker light bulb used a # 1157 (dual filament)

1998 Savage, 18,700 Miles, Wind Shield, Tach, K&N Airbox Filter, Leather Bags, CYCLE-TRON II Battery, verslavy cam adjuster, Kevlar F Pads Black.
Professional Web Developer: www.OregonPublishing.com
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #19 - 07/29/10 at 07:49:48

swapped out my busted left rear turn signal for one I bought from Lancer. I think he sent me a front but I used it on the left rear. The wiring was different but I got it to work. Like new!!!

The biggest pain was removing the side rails with the wheel on the bike (it's tight under there since I went with a taller tire!).

Then I cleaned off a bunch of spots on the exhaust (wine? cranberry juice?) that someone accidently spilled on my bike from the deck above, had to use bluejob but they came off...I tried everything else to get them off but the Bluejob worked great!

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 07/29/10 at 08:14:54

Bubba wrote on 07/29/10 at 07:49:48:
swapped out my busted left rear turn signal for one I bought from Lancer. I think he sent me a front but I used it on the left rear. The wiring was different but I got it to work. Like new!!!

The biggest pain was removing the side rails with the wheel on the bike (it's tight under there since I went with a taller tire!).

Then I cleaned off a bunch of spots on the exhaust (wine? cranberry juice?) that someone accidently spilled on my bike from the deck above, had to use bluejob but they came off...I tried everything else to get them off but the Bluejob worked great!

It was the REAR signal; came of the Blackl Shadow my son bought from Diamond Jim...2007 model.

IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #21 - 07/29/10 at 08:23:31

She is waiting to take me to work in 90 mins. Smiley

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #22 - 07/29/10 at 08:36:19

Hey Lancer, no worries...it worked. The wiring was just different then my '06 so I figured it came off the front.
My rear only had two black wires, the one you sent had 3 wires. One blue, one green and one black.
I tried some different wiring combinations while the rails were off until I found the right combination., then buttoned them up.
Thanks it looks purdy again!

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #23 - 07/29/10 at 13:39:41

I sat on her, started her up. Let her roarrrrrrrrrr. Honked her horn, made like we were out on a road trip...ahahhah...
I told her that hopefully not too much longer we will again be burning up the roads together. I even put the blinkers on and off as well as her hazard lights.. I am warning people ahead of time.. Grin Grin Grin  Kim

IP Logged
LWRider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 07/29/10 at 14:27:44

More work today. Had some stuff come in I had been waiting for. First off I installed a left side front footpeg, something that strangely seems to be practically non-existent in the used market. It will be much easier to shift with a peg there. Looks pretty:

Also got an ebay package with a few "relays" off a 2006 model. The one I needed was the decomp controll unit and I installed that. I also got a fuse holder in the package and it was better than mine, with the rubber mount and all which mine was missing so I swapped them out.

I also received a starter solenoid that I had bought on ebay. This one has a frame mount and all the nice rubber covers, etc. I will swap it with my beat up and electrical-taped one tomorrow.

My turn signals have been lighting up, but not "wink." I suspect the relay, of course, so I went out to Autozone and bought a $2.99 flasher relay and installed it. The OEM I had priced out at $38.52. The plug on the bike plugged right onto the Autozone relay; I didn't have to do any modifications.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, actually it was yesterday. I took my fuel tank cap apart and cleaned it so I could get air through the vent and reassembled it. I suspect this is a problem on my bike. When I have tried to start it it took a long time and pretty much every time it finally fired up was just after I had removed the fuel tank cap. I assume it had a vapor lock that was keeping the fuel from flowing. At least that is my theory and if it was the cap, it should work now.

Cheers,

Mike

IP Logged
Fuschia

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/29/10 at 18:57:33

Rode her to work today (something I don't do very often)

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #26 - 07/29/10 at 19:25:27

Took it to Cruise Night then parked it in front of a restaurant and watched a little pickup truck back into it.  Looks ok, I'll check it in the daylight tomorrow.

IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #27 - 07/30/10 at 11:46:35

Drilled out the stock exhaust last night guided by the suggestions on here. Never could look back either, she sounds like a real Thumper now with a throaty roar.  Cool

IP Logged
Horatio Hawkshaw
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 07/30/10 at 20:01:55

I had a busy day today...

After I got home from hiking up a mountain (Kennesaw Mt) I welded up a new brake pedal:

... re-positioned the sealed battery (kind of temporary- building a box for it tomorrow) and installed the shorter, better fender I welded up a few days ago:

And I dolled up the dash board (piece of plexi-glass, sprayed with satin black on the under side, covering the recessed indicator lights)

.... Let  there be light!

Oh, and I added some paint to the tank (the black with red pin stripe)

Cheesy

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #29 - 07/31/10 at 13:43:16

Horatio, man you were busy. Hell I would have had to take a nap after climbing a mountain.Smiley Your bike is coming along real fine. Keep the pics coming and again nice to see you back..  Smiley  kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:24:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What did you do to your Savage today?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.