Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
aftetrmarket turn sigs? (Read 203 times)
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
aftetrmarket turn sigs?
07/23/10 at 20:54:49

I had to replace my rear sigs  last yr. when some clutz dropped my bike in my driveway  Wink

am not happy with the aftermarket ""universal" lights from ebay. i got 4 for one low price and have already gone thru 3 of the cheap things.  They make the stock plastic look solid.  my CAT literally broke one!

now to the point...  anybody have a replacement light they're happy with? preferably metal? preferably not too $$

(i looked at jireh cycle .com - prices are good but the descriptions aren't too detailed)

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Re: aftetrmarket turn sigs?
Reply #1 - 07/24/10 at 17:46:07

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 07/25/10 at 09:45:06

I have those too.  Love them!!  Actually, I'm glad the seller is still selling them, and still so cheap, I think I'm gonna order another set to keep.  

runwyrlph, check the sellers other auctions too if you need more.  He sells sets of 4, red and amber, also some with a bracket, just in case you are interested.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #3 - 07/25/10 at 10:03:26

here's what they look like on my bike.. I drilled a few holes as far towards the rear of the fender as I could get.. they are cheapo case grounded lights though so you get one positive wire and I used an additional grounding strap with an eyelet around the bolt hole to make sure it got a good ground rather than depending on the fender metal to ground it.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 07/28/10 at 07:43:47

I have a question about those ebay lights. If they are dual filament, how do you get them to work as rear lights which are only single filament?
Just attach one of the wires???

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 07/28/10 at 10:48:04

Bubba wrote on 07/28/10 at 07:43:47:
I have a question about those ebay lights. If they are dual filament, how do you get them to work as rear lights which are only single filament?
Just attach one of the wires???

Bubba, check out this thread...  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1270960937

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #6 - 07/28/10 at 11:02:16

Perfect...thanks BH! I actually have a new stock TS I got from Lancer but I was thinking I would buy these as spares when the need arises.

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #7 - 07/29/10 at 17:47:05

thanks for the info guys

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #8 - 08/11/10 at 08:42:38

i got those lights you guys recommended - looks like what i was wanting!  

now i just have to get around to mounting them!

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #9 - 08/11/10 at 09:54:57

Let us know!  Glad you like them so far.  I hate to recommend something and then the person hates it!  LOL    

There are a couple threads about the wiring with those lights, extra wire, etc.  Hope you don't have much trouble.  Patience!   Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:32:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › aftetrmarket turn sigs?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.