ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
No man left behind
07/22/10 at 18:51:40

http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia/video/?bctid=51745112001

The story is about Channing Moss, who was impaled by a live RPG during a Taliban ambush while on patrol. Army protocol says that medivac choppers are never to carry anyone with a live round in him. Even though they feared it could explode, the flight crew said darn the protocol and flew him to the nearest aid station.  
Again, protocol said that in such a case the patient is to be  put in a sandbagged area away from the surgical unit, given a shot of morphine and left to wait (and die) until others  are treated. Again, the medical team ignored the protocol.  
Here's a short video put together by the Military Times, which  includes actual footage of the surgery where Dr. John Oh, a Korean immigrant who became a naturalized citizen and went to West Point, removed the live round with the help of volunteers and a member of the EOD (explosive ordinance disposal)  team.  
Moss  has undergone six operations but is doing well at home in Gainesville, GA.  I think you'll find the video absolutely remarkable.

WWW   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: No man left behind
Reply #1 - 07/22/10 at 19:40:47

+1

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #2 - 07/22/10 at 19:46:29

Yes I agree the video is remarkable.  As I viewed the video I thought to myself, what amazing steady hands the surgeon had.
For himself as well as the others that helped and put their lives on the line as well to save his really shows dedication as well as compassion for a fellow soldier.  
Thanks Versalgan for sharing. Kim

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #3 - 07/22/10 at 19:47:58

Isn't it amazing how most military doctors are about relieving pain and saving lives, rather than maxing out their insurance billings and building their stock portfolios?

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 07/23/10 at 06:10:29

Wow, thanks for sharing that Vers!  Un-f***ing-believable and truly amazing.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 10:31:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › No man left behind

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.