Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What I believe to be true. (Read 710 times)
jsarsfield

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: What I believe to be true.
Reply #30 - 07/17/10 at 00:12:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/16/10 at 07:47:59:
james may wrote on 07/13/10 at 15:08:20:
I would totally buy my cars and motorcycles from wal mart.  I'd much rather save money than help some wackoff pay for his kids to go to college!!  Paying more for a product becuase the company treats their employees better is basically welfare.  

Hey don't compare strippers to salesmen.  Salesmen are scum..

Loud exhausts deffinately save lives.  

Explaining how those attitudes actually cost you in the long run would take too long, But, they do.
I buy from a local shop owner, even when I can save $$$ by buying online, just so I can do my part in keeping a shop open. A place where there are people working, people I like. Nice folks who spend their paychecks locally.
The Big Box stores with all the high volume, cheap crap wind up costing the local economy in the long run by driving all the mom & pop places out. Jobs are lost & the disposable part of people income decreases, leaving them more broke after buying the cheap imported crap than they were after buying the Made in USA stuff from a smallerplace, locally owned &operated.  Its an entirely different concept of reality. I doubt seriously anyone who disagrees today would ever change their views on it.

Nicely said .... I personally would never step foot in one of their stores I don't care what kind of "deals" they offer.   If you have seen the movie "Walmart the high cost of low prices" I suggest everyone see it.

IP Logged
horseshoe_george
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Otisfield, ME
Reply #31 - 07/17/10 at 04:16:31

stinger wrote on 07/16/10 at 21:26:53:
IM trying to figure out why you take cloves with you when ever you ride?

In case your motorcycle club is having a pig roast of course. Dot the pig with cloves and cover with glaze many times while roasting. Yum!!!!!

'06, TKAT fork brace, 1/3 spacer,155 main/55 pilot, K@N filter, Jardine, NGK irridium plug, Phillips MotoVision +40 orange hue bulb, windscreen, Hagon Shocks
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 07/17/10 at 13:08:00

Hashbrown wrote on 07/13/10 at 10:16:50:
Helmets are for people who want to be a vegitable after an accident...

Numerous crashes at speed all with a helmet...and not a vegetable yet (?)

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #33 - 07/18/10 at 10:31:08

Depends on how you land...

When I wrecked in 2/08 my faceshield ( police riot helmet type and a 3/4 shell) did it's job and saved my face.

When my wife Trish got t-boned on her Harley in 95, the helmet weight broke her neck and killed her. Not another indication on her that she had even gotten hit.

I'm not fond of helmets, hot, heavy, smell bad after a couple years. But they can be a benefit. I prefer to ride without one, can't in this nanny state, so be it.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Reply #34 - 07/19/10 at 06:10:06

WD.  Move to NH, you'll never look back  Grin

What can brown do for you!
aatif96   IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #35 - 07/19/10 at 06:53:47

I live in N.H. and I always wear I always wear my helmet. I don't particularly like it but I wear it.

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
ArGaT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 07/19/10 at 08:06:02

I think you will always have the for and against for helmets just the same for seat belts in cars but remember this helmets are PPE (personal protective Equipment) and as such are a last resort of defence so please please everyone be carefull while enjoying your chosen beast and never never trust anyone else on the road.... Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #37 - 07/19/10 at 08:54:37

The 1st bike I totalled I had no helmet on. IF I had, I woulda died. The last timne I crashed on I had a helmet on. If I hadnt, I would have been kelled or permanently injured when my face slammed into the back of the pickups cab. If I had had the full coverage, my face would have been crushed. So, ya pays yer money & ya takes yer chances.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 07/19/10 at 10:09:35

Wait until the big duallies of a commercial truck try to rollover your head.
The hard shell was slick enough that my head squirted out from under the wheels like when you press your thumb down on a large marble.
Stunned but not dead is better than having putty squirt out your mouth and ears.

Phelonius
Besides, it is a good place to hang a face shield.  It is better to see bugs splattered on the face shield than try to look at them swimming inside your eyeball. Wink

Phelonius
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #39 - 07/20/10 at 20:57:49

I believe  YOU'LL ARE ALL NUTS  and its probley a good thing, couse this site wouldn't be half as good if we could agree on anything but the fact that BIG ONE CYLINDERS are GREAT FUN.

Never ride faster than your Gardian Angel can fly

You too Mick

Grin Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #40 - 07/22/10 at 04:45:17

Sorry I cant spell, but thats what I believe to be true.

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/15/24 at 02:54:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What I believe to be true.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.