Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What I believe to be true. (Read 710 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: What I believe to be true.
Reply #15 - 07/13/10 at 16:43:41

What I believe...

Toast always fall butterside down...

A newly washed window gathers dirt at double the speed of an unwashed window....

All great car chases must have a fruit cart in them...

Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first...

Dogs can't look up...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #16 - 07/13/10 at 19:23:12

Serowbot wrote on 07/13/10 at 16:43:41:
What I believe...

Dogs can't look up...

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #17 - 07/13/10 at 19:39:12

I appreciate that you shared this as what you believe, rather than know.
my comments:
loud pipes dont save lives   but they do help you get noticed, and they don't have to be obnoxious to do so
suzuki oil and filter every 3000 miles why Suzuki?
if 80mph is not good for you get a bigger bike agree
rejet carb waste money rejetting is choosing to spend your money for a ride that you enjoy more.  Not a waste if you're enjoying it.
reg. gas will do absolutely
this is the right bike for me only you can judge that
boots cloves full face padded jacket and pants every time I ride do you eat the cloves or wear them?
after the winter of not ridding take it slow for a time agreed but you need a spell checker
when ridding watch everbody trust no one If you want me to take you seriously you've really got to improve your spelling
this is a very good site agreed
if you take care of this bike it will take care of you true of any bike
8548 miles no problem that's just barely broken in
I like my dealer I have nothing against dealerships but way too many just aren't principled.  Glad you found a good one
(sure hope I didn't misspell anything)

IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Reply #18 - 07/13/10 at 19:39:39

bill67 wrote on 07/13/10 at 14:20:27:
Motorcycle dealers are like every one here trying to make a living,How would you like to pay their overhead,Look at the salaries they have to pay out a week,And you expect them to just give you something,Next week tell your boss you will work for nothing just to be a nice guy.How would you like your boss to let you go because another guy will work for 50 cents and hour less than you.When Wal mart starts selling motorcycle you can go there and save a little.

So Bill out of curiousity, you would willingly pay more for a specific part or product because its supporting your local dealer rather then getting the exact same thing cheaper online or through this forum?  Adam Smith would crap out widgets if he heard that  Roll Eyes

What can brown do for you!
aatif96   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #19 - 07/13/10 at 21:49:06

Alcoa, 100% spot on, + 1.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 07/14/10 at 03:14:05

Phelonius wrote on 07/13/10 at 12:10:48:
Every time you enter traffic, you are entering a combat zonewith no allies.
Every one out there is going to try to do you in either through stupidity or malice.
Never expect another driver to do something merely because the law says that they should. (for instance, obey a stop sign)
Wearing a firearm will make you more visible than loud pipes or loud color clothing.

Phelonius

LOL   Grin  LOL   Grin  LOL   Grin  

I LOVE IT !

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 07/14/10 at 03:24:58

alcoa wrote on 07/13/10 at 09:13:06:
loud pipes dont save lives
suzuki oil and filter every 3000 miles
if 80mph is not good for you get a bigger bike
rejet carb waste money
reg. gas will do
this is the right bike for me
boots cloves full face padded jacket and pants every time I ride
after the winter of not ridding take it slow for a time
when ridding watch everbody trust no one
this is a very good site
if you take care of this bike it will take care of you
8548 miles no problem
I like my dealer
SUZUKI SAVAGE RULLS Smiley

this is correct IF your fuel/air mixture is correct
an untouched stock bike is suspect a best
the purpose of a rejet/tune is to bring the fuel/air mix to a proper ratio for optimum operation

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #22 - 07/14/10 at 04:09:15

Hashbrown wrote on 07/13/10 at 19:39:39:
bill67 wrote on 07/13/10 at 14:20:27:
Motorcycle dealers are like every one here trying to make a living,How would you like to pay their overhead,Look at the salaries they have to pay out a week,And you expect them to just give you something,Next week tell your boss you will work for nothing just to be a nice guy.How would you like your boss to let you go because another guy will work for 50 cents and hour less than you.When Wal mart starts selling motorcycle you can go there and save a little.

So Bill out of curiousity, you would willingly pay more for a specific part or product because its supporting your local dealer rather then getting the exact same thing cheaper online or through this forum?  Adam Smith would crap out widgets if he heard that  Roll Eyes

Yes I would,When I want something I want it now not a week from now,And a few bucks more isn't going to kill you.And it makes you feel good you support someone you know,Sam Walton family doesn't need any support.

« Last Edit: 07/17/10 at 03:15:52 by bill67 »  

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #23 - 07/14/10 at 06:20:21

LANCER wrote on 07/14/10 at 03:14:05:
Phelonius wrote on 07/13/10 at 12:10:48:
Every time you enter traffic, you are entering a combat zonewith no allies.
Every one out there is going to try to do you in either through stupidity or malice.
Never expect another driver to do something merely because the law says that they should. (for instance, obey a stop sign)
Wearing a firearm will make you more visible than loud pipes or loud color clothing.

Phelonius

LOL   Grin  LOL   Grin  LOL   Grin  

I LOVE IT !

I tried, Lord knows I tried, but I couldn't get my arm down that sleeve... er, down that barrel ...

Looove this one !!!  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #24 - 07/14/10 at 16:33:09

Some dealerships are in fact decent places. I absolutely loved Suzuki City in Biloxi Misissippi, bought my Savage there, had its first service there, could get whatever I needed for an "ancient" GS750T the same day 90% of the time...

Now, I live within 20 miles of 9 dealerships that carry Suzukis. On a good day, I MIGHT be able to get a tire from them, but tubes, sparkplugs, and other consumables? Forget it, special order only. I know 2 that would buy oil filters from me (Emgo brand), repackage them in OEM boxes, sell them to an unsuspecting rube (customer, sorry), keep the box after "servicing" his bike, and repeat it the next time they ran low on filters. They'd get tubes and plugs from us too, retail at the indie shop was less than OEM wholesale to them. The last time I dealt with one of them, I asked for a starter relay, payed my money (plus tax, special order fee and such), waited 3 weeks (they never bothered to call when the part came in, watched them write a received date on the bag when I showed up) and was handed a starter solenoid, not the relay. Had to keep it, no returns on electrical, even electrical the parts kids mis-ordered.

So, **** them AND the crotch rocket they rode in on (from the trailer lot around the back, gotta "look" the part when they show up ya know).

What I know is TRUE about MY Savage: I have more fun "messing it up" than i ever had with it stone stock. Looks better, runs better, sounds better, fits ME better. My name is on the pink slip, the only opinion about that bike that matters is mine.

Oh, and I still hate full gear.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 07/16/10 at 07:47:59

james may wrote on 07/13/10 at 15:08:20:
I would totally buy my cars and motorcycles from wal mart.  I'd much rather save money than help some wackoff pay for his kids to go to college!!  Paying more for a product becuase the company treats their employees better is basically welfare.  

Hey don't compare strippers to salesmen.  Salesmen are scum..

Loud exhausts deffinately save lives.  

Explaining how those attitudes actually cost you in the long run would take too long, But, they do.
I buy from a local shop owner, even when I can save $$$ by buying online, just so I can do my part in keeping a shop open. A place where there are people working, people I like. Nice folks who spend their paychecks locally.
The Big Box stores with all the high volume, cheap crap wind up costing the local economy in the long run by driving all the mom & pop places out. Jobs are lost & the disposable part of people income decreases, leaving them more broke after buying the cheap imported crap than they were after buying the Made in USA stuff from a smallerplace, locally owned &operated.  Its an entirely different concept of reality. I doubt seriously anyone who disagrees today would ever change their views on it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Reply #26 - 07/16/10 at 08:29:49

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/16/10 at 07:47:59:
james may wrote on 07/13/10 at 15:08:20:
I would totally buy my cars and motorcycles from wal mart.  I'd much rather save money than help some wackoff pay for his kids to go to college!!  Paying more for a product becuase the company treats their employees better is basically welfare.  

Hey don't compare strippers to salesmen.  Salesmen are scum..

Loud exhausts deffinately save lives.  

Explaining how those attitudes actually cost you in the long run would take too long, But, they do.
I buy from a local shop owner, even when I can save $$$ by buying online, just so I can do my part in keeping a shop open. A place where there are people working, people I like. Nice folks who spend their paychecks locally.
The Big Box stores with all the high volume, cheap crap wind up costing the local economy in the long run by driving all the mom & pop places out. Jobs are lost & the disposable part of people income decreases, leaving them more broke after buying the cheap imported crap than they were after buying the Made in USA stuff from a smallerplace, locally owned &operated.  Its an entirely different concept of reality. I doubt seriously anyone who disagrees today would ever change their views on it.

I beg to differ, Big box stores like Wal are by far the largest employers in the US today thus creating more jobs then all mom and pop type stores combined. This backlash of competition is the invisible hand working to drive down prices which benefits the consumer.  Most large stores only carry one line of in house products like Walmart's "Great Value" the rest is still the same products you would buy at local shops.  The reason for the cheap prices is that Walmart is a price maker to its supplyers and operates on razor thin margins. So your not really getting cheaply made products.  In times of economic turnmoil, these companies provide customers the best bang for their buck which relaxes an individual's monetary spending and helps stimulate growth in the economy.  If you had to pay a premium on everything you bought while your out of work, you would be living on ramen noodles and basic cable. Im not saying that mom and pop shops need to go out of business, there are plenty of people such as yourself who will support them and they are justified on their prices if they produce a specialized product, but don’t expect the masses to negate the basic economic priciple of self interest.  As my boy Adam Smith so eloquently put it…". It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we can expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest"

aatif96   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #27 - 07/16/10 at 09:16:44

Any one want to make big money go to work at Wal-Mart

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Reply #28 - 07/16/10 at 09:23:38

meh...i said it was great for the consumer, maybe not so much for the employee but whatever at least its a job.  better to have walmart pay them rather then Obama.  where else can you get a steady job with benefits (albeit crappy) as a mentally and phyically disabled person.  your only job qualification is the ability to say hello.   Grin

aatif96   IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 07/16/10 at 21:26:53

IM trying to figure out why you take cloves with you when ever you ride?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/18/24 at 06:24:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What I believe to be true.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.