Send Topic Print
150 rear section (Read 173 times)
ArGaT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

150 rear section
07/09/10 at 09:05:31

ok guys i was toying with the idea of putting a fatter tyre on the rear but realised that there isnt much room but you could fit a 150 on there quite nicely I have a 97 savage that has been chopped quite nicely but there is room for improvement and also thought of side mounting the rear lights and number plate and putting micro indicators on the seat springs has anyone done similar if so could they post some pics for inspiration/admiration please !!

Also has anyone raked the front forks? i am toying with raking it a couple of degrees to accept a dynaglide set of forks and putting some slab yokes on it just make the thing look a little beefier..opinions please??

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: 150 rear section
Reply #1 - 07/09/10 at 12:29:36

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=37
Dunlop D404, size, side, rim, diameter, width

130/90-15  BW  3.00  --  23.95 x 5.15
140/90-15  BW  3.50  --  24.73 x 5.85
150/90-15  BW  4.00  --  25.60 x 6.02
150/90-15  WW 4.00  --  25.60 x 6.05

It LOOKS that a 150/90 versus the 140/90 only adds clearance by 0.44" height and 0.10" width.

The catch is that we have a 15" x 2.75" rim -- we are already too narrow for the 130/90.  I do not know what problems we may or may not have with the wide tire on a narrow rim.  Which is why I like the 140/80-15 ME880 and performance versus wide "looks."

WWW   IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #2 - 07/09/10 at 12:47:28

150/90 rear tire will fit but is really tight! If I was gonna do it again, I'd go with a 150/80. The width is no prob, the height could be depending on the tire. No problems with mounting or handling.

Side mount tail light & tag bracket... Check

Micro signals mounted to original seat mounts... Check

Raked front end... Sorry bro, can't help you there. I did put some extended spring tubes in my forks to raise & stiffen the front end a little. A side benefit is less front end diving when you hammer the front brakes or hit a big bump. Also helps to keep from scraping the pegs in a hard curve.

Oh, and where are your pics??? LoL

IP Logged
ArGaT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/09/10 at 13:18:55

Good Point lol ill get some pics done over the w/e and get them on asap.
earlytimz was that rear light and mudguard set up from blue collar bobbers? if so was it as easy to fit as they say it is?

I like the apes youve put on her i think im gonna put some drag bars on with 4"risers. and prolly a double spotlight front.
also matey ilike the extended foot pegs possible to get a close up photo please?
Paladin im running on a 140/80 me880 and i was wondering if a 150/80 would make a subtle difference plus i like the idea of having as much rubber contact with the floor as possible without compramising handling Wink
Do any of you guys think the rear shocks look odd not being pu at same distance apart or is it just me coz im thinking about extending the  brake side shock to match the other side and putting number plate on brake side too.

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #4 - 07/09/10 at 13:31:52

No blue collar stuff here. You can read thru my build thread http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1273604423 if you've got some time.

The forward controls are from a fellow site member, Ed L. Do a search for Ed L. forward controls and you will get more hits than you can read in one sitting.

I'd like to see your double front lights when it's complete. I like the look of the Harley Fatbob front ends...

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #5 - 07/09/10 at 14:26:30

did a dunlop 404 WW 150/90 rear which looks good but is way too tall and would rub on the swing arm at high speed. so a 150/80 would be just as good if you're not using the stock fender. some have gone as far as 160, but it requires a chain drive and some other work. built the license plate and light holder out or scrap and bolted to the axle. use a fairly thick gauge metal to keep it from shaking around or breaking. fender is off a xs650 my friend is building, hammered and hacked  Grin

made the seat mount from angle iron split and drilled, had to increase the angle on it too. bending it the way i did also gave me a nice place to put some turn signals. front seat mount is a couple of L shaped pieces.

same type on the front. a little harder to mount to the stock clamps but...

haven't seen any of front end mods like what you're talking. i'm thinking that will look real nice.

ps. earlytimz, i love my new springer seat, but i'm definitely jealous of your extra wide one. look comfortable  Cool

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
ArGaT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/11/10 at 12:12:25

Thanks Sarewbot for the help i finally got it figured out hers some pics of my beast, please excuse the mess i havent cleaned her since i bought her lol. You cant really see it in the photo but the skulls eyes are the rear light and brake light also

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 07/11/10 at 12:40:41

NICELY DONE !

IP Logged
ArGaT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/11/10 at 12:54:38

the second from last pic shows the tyre with all white paint splattered over it. The previous owner had white walled them and believe me it didnt look good i need to spend a little more time just to tidy it up propperly but ive used the nice weather lately to get some saddle time to get back into things.
I dont like seat springs i think ill change them for round ones also.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 07/11/10 at 15:18:07

think i remember some old threads where a V.W. tyre was fitted to the rear...sounded kinda iffy to me at the time but life long tread wear!!

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:20:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 150 rear section

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.