Send Topic Print
Mock-up (Read 270 times)
Scott_H

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Escondido, CA
Mock-up
06/30/10 at 19:47:07

Here is where I am so far.  I'm still not sure about the bars and tank.  I may go with some much narrower and higher bars and Frisco mounted Sporty tank. (lane splitter/brat style, I guess.)  I will be wrapping the exhaust, painting the fender satin black like the tank, and removing the buddy peg on the right side.  Your thoughts?

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Re: Mock-up
Reply #1 - 06/30/10 at 21:36:33

Digging it man, that fender chop is wild. That seat pan looks awesome

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/30/10 at 23:07:52

I'd go a little narrower on the bars,... maybe an 1 1/2" off on each side... but, I do like the bars, and white grips are bold old school...
... and your Sparto, aka "limp thingy",... ain't so limp at that angle...  can you think of any way to get it down?...

Otherwise,...  Wink...

PS,.. how do you plan to keep your battery in place?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 07/01/10 at 02:37:06

I'm liking it a lot! Love the z-bars with the white grips and the seat pan would look awesome wrapped in brown leather! speaking of which, the battery would be cool enclosed in a brown leather pouch too ... with strap n' buckle closures!

Only thing I'd doo diff, is extend the rear fender enough so that the that oh-so-cool "limp d!ck" tail-light pointed rearward (more visible to following Cagers that way)

Also, ever thought about painting the tins flat army olive instead of flat black? The O.D. green looks wicked on a Bobber ... especially with WW2 type Nose Art decals on each side of the tank ... or, even the Flying Tigers famous "Shark Grin" painted on the tank ... now that would be WILD!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 07/01/10 at 02:37:13

Very nice.  Like the bars especially

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #5 - 07/01/10 at 07:06:25

I agree that the tail light should be angled so the cagers on their cell phones can see it a little better.

The bars are nice but I woudl put a slight angle (bend?) on the the grip part so that your wrists are at a natural angle otherwise you might get some numbness on the longer rides.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #6 - 07/01/10 at 07:38:49

Love the handle bars and the tail light.  Sorry, but I hate the grips. What are you planning to cover the seat with?  I love the shape.  Looking good overall!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Scott_H

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Escondido, CA
Reply #7 - 07/01/10 at 07:59:50

kevinphan:
Thanks!

Serowbot:
I cut 1.5 inches off the bars right after I tool that pic.  
I can't think of a good way to get the fender out/around more.  I cut it pretty short.  I have a trailer fender that I want to narrow and try on for size.  I agree that the light needs to be more visible.
I building a small battery tray that will be bolted to the frame then the battery will be held in with a strap of some sort.

PerrydaSavage:
The flat black on the tins is only temporary.  I'm still deciding what I want to do with them.  Hadn't thought about the bomber idea though.  Thanks.

LANCER:  Thank you sir!

T Mack 1 - FSO:
Thanks for your input.  I bought the bars, didn't make them so I don't really have a good way to bend them.  I don't plan on ridding very far anyway.  Just around town for now.

babyhog:
I'm not sure if I'm going to use those grips or not.  They are already really dirty.  It depends on what paint scheme I end up going with.  For now I plan to leave the seat raw.  Thanks for looking!

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #8 - 07/01/10 at 09:26:54

If you don't like the trailer fender front street cycles makes realy good stuff for cheap, he can do it to your size to like 15" 140 wide. Check them out if all else fails.

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #9 - 07/01/10 at 09:40:59

Looks good!  I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up.  Even though I've never seen it done I could see that tail light on the side of the fender.  I guess you'd have to cut off the plate bracket part.  I'm assuming CA requires signals and wondering what you're thinking of.  Keep the pics coming.

IP Logged
Scott_H

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Escondido, CA
Reply #10 - 07/01/10 at 11:05:32

kevinphan:

Thanks for the info I will take a look.  Sounds like a better plan than finding someone around here to do one for me.

jef.savage:
Interesting idea.  I'll give it a try.  Yes, I'm in CA and yes, the do require signals.  Not sure what I am going to use.  Might just go without for a while and see what happens.

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #11 - 09/21/10 at 17:54:15

I checked out those fenders and I really like the pointed one, I just hate not being able to check fit before buying stuff. It makes it so much more easy when you know for sure how the fit will be.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #12 - 09/22/10 at 05:12:35

Here's how I mounted my tail,and turn signals.Trailer fender,but the tire is a 150.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:22:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mock-up

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!