Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monster Diesel Chopper Motorcycle (Read 120 times)
trev0006

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Monster Diesel Chopper Motorcycle
06/28/10 at 16:36:21

Video - Monster Diesel Chopper Motorcycle

Lay your eyes on this diesel: a custom two-wheeled marketing machine that Monster Diesel hopes will change your perception of diesels for good.

Dr. Mat Zuckerman saw a void in the diesel industry and wanted to correct it. So with some heart-felt inspiration and a lot of research, he came up with a solution that could change how we think of diesel fuel – with an additive he calls Monster Diesel.

DR. MAT ZUCKERMAN: When you go into a gasoline station, there are three grades of gasoline and only one grade of diesel. So the world really needs premium diesel.

The inspiration for creating the product is a personal story for Dr. Zuckerman. About six years ago, he had a massive heart attack.

DR. MAT ZUCKERMAN: One of the things they gave me after my heart attack is this little bottle, and it's nitroglycerine, and it's an explosive.

Really the inspiration for the product is, if you can harness nitroglycerine so that you can carry it around with you, I can make it so you can use it as an energy source in the confined space of an engine.

This formula may be dynamite-in-a-bottle only in the figurative sense, but there's no denying the explosive marketing potential the company got from TLC's American Chopper and Orange County Choppers resident bike expert, Paul Teutul, senior. Paul and his crew designed this unique diesel-powered motorcycle to showcase monster diesel.

DR. MAT ZUCKERMAN: This fuel is a liquid and it's hard to show what it does, but the motorcycle really does it. You know, the only diesel motorcycles are some military applications using jet fuel…those are the only ones. This is a motorcycle that uses an engine that you use on a farm for pumping water or generating power. Now we've made it mobile instead of stationary.

Motorcycle and cars video collection
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Monster Diesel Chopper Motorcycle
Reply #1 - 06/28/10 at 17:55:32

...strikes me as a bad idea with some drawbacks, and a negative side...
Is there a good thing here?.... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 06/28/10 at 20:30:53

We as a country can make our own Bio-diesel and there is a very good reason most heavy equipment is Diesel. They last forever !   And I just like the way they "PULL".

I believe we would need at least a 10 speed transmission to make it work but  the 80+- mpg would be nice.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #3 - 06/28/10 at 21:04:24

As usual, OCC built a completely useless show bike. I thought when they started it could be cool, but they don't seem to build anything a person would really ride.

For several years now, I've had the idea to build a bike using a 1.9L VW TDI engine with something like a Baker 6 speed in a custom one off cafe racer style to run at the Texas mile. All I need is time & money & the parts.................... Cool

Google diesel motorcycles & you'll find a lot of people have an interest in them. At first glance, a Savage rolling chassis would be a good candidate for a conversion. Shocked

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/28/10 at 21:47:24

I intended...and still intend eventually to take a rolling savage chassis and plop a diesel in it. IF the file still exists after my last computer virus I actually have (poor) instructions on someone's conversion of a gs550. It seems pretty straight forward with a bit of tinkering involved. The most common engine used is a yanmar L100 (or equivalent clone). Another option is a Punsun vtwin. 600cc IIRC. My friend Dave who runs Fossil Free Fuels in Braddock PA actually machine some parts for a guy in Oregon who converted a Kawi 454 to run diesel/WVO with a punsun vtwin. Real nice bike. I'll see if I can drum up links/pics.

Update --- Dieselbike.net. Very good starting point. Links from there can take you to a lot of awesome sites.  The Private Diesel Motorcycle section has a sh*t ton of builds. Urals, a couple Sportsters and a Fatboy, the Kawi 454, some older Moto guzzis, Royal Enfields, I saw at least one Matchless, an old Norton, a new Triumph, various Hondas Suzukis and Yamahas. Freakin awesome.
Also...anyone read italian? ---

http://www.honda4fun.com/foto_moto/non_four/motopers/enrico.html  
More info on a gasoline turned diesel engine.

Anyone speak German. Here's my favorite one. The above mentioned yanmar in a suzuki marauder frame.

http://www.dieselwiesel.de/

There's even a Honda rebel 250 with a yanmar in it.

« Last Edit: 06/28/10 at 22:56:43 by BurnPgh »  
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #5 - 06/28/10 at 22:31:00

I've seen a numberof the conversions on the internet using the chinese knock off diesels, but I figured if I was going to do it the VW would be a lot more fun.
I think you could build a great touring bike using the VW, it's not that big or heavy compared to what's out there now. And they sure don't perform like a typical diesel.  Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 06/28/10 at 23:34:47

I spose a 2 cylinder`Detroit would be too heavy. Ohh darn.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 06/29/10 at 06:32:39

So to go Diesel what are the steps ?

Guess #1.   :   increase the compression rate (can do)

Guess #2.   :   does diesel fire with a sparkplug ?

Guess #3.   :   carb. modified to spit diesel (can do)

Can it be done ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/30/10 at 21:04:24

Hmmmm. Diesels operate at comp rate of 19-22:1... don't think you can increase it that much.
There's no spark plug... air gets hot when compressed that much, that sets the fuel on fire.
Diesels inhale pure air in intake cycle. Carb is pretty much useless there.
Diesels get fuel pumped into the cylinder at the end of COMPRESSION cycle by a high pressure pump.
In short - to convert a LS engine to diesel, you would have to solve  a lot of challenges. No guarantee a cylinder wall and head gasket would hold.
Ranch, here's a diesel:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/diesel1.htm

and this is gas:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 11:23:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › Monster Diesel Chopper Motorcycle