Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Summer Camp great Kids.. (Read 84 times)
jimsgirl
YaBB Newbies

Boulevard S40  
 Rose &
Pearl

Campbell, California
Summer Camp great Kids..
06/29/10 at 23:16:47

I'm teaching archery this week for a summer camp - three groups of kids who are 8-11years old, two hours each group, all day long. It's a lot of fun. Honest!

I parked my bike out in front of the archery club, so I could see the bike while I was working, to keep an eye on it and oogle it when I had a spare minute. Even after two or three weeks of ownership, I still have to convince myself it's mine.

The camp buses  pulled up in front right next to my bike. AUGH!!  I kinda panicked. What kind of kids were they? Respectful? Touchy? eeek!!!  Was the metal still hot from my arrival? Yikes!

The kids got out and walked right past the bike and into the club. I started to go out to the lot in protect mode---but not ONE of them went near it! They all gawked a lot. Okay, maybe I'm still overprotective.

Right before they left for the day, one of the super shy camper girls, about 9 or so, came up to me and asked if the bike was mine, cause it's kinda pinkish. I smiled big and said yes it was mine.
She got all starry eyed and giggly and said she liked it cause it was SO sparkly.  Roll Eyes  

She tells me she wants to learn to ride too. ATTA GIRL!

A strong man sails by ash breeze.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Summer Camp great Kids..
Reply #1 - 06/30/10 at 03:29:07

PLenty cool, teaching kids archery. Really cool that they have proper respect for the property of others.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 06/30/10 at 08:11:40

Ah, thanks for sharing that story.  I love archery too!  (deer hunting)

And don't feel bad, I watch my bike out the office windows all day.  Every time a truck pulls even close to it, I'm watching carefully.  Heart starts racing.  
In my defense, we did have a crane truck back into one of the guys bikes a couple years ago.  Full Harley dresser too.  Did some major damage, but the company paid for it, along with a rental bike for him for a couple months.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 06/30/10 at 21:59:36

Great job as your not only willing to teach kids archery, your also possibly giving some encouagement to ride the bike as well.. Kudo's to you for taking time from your  life to help some children with theirs.

O and your not alone in watching your bike and being the proud owner of it. That imo is a feeling that stays with you for a long long time.. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 11:22:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › Summer Camp great Kids..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.