Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cheap muffler mod (Read 129 times)
texsam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

cheap muffler mod
06/24/10 at 00:22:05

got this from car owners group site but backpressure is controlled just like bike correct???? ne wayz here it is its a tin can and don't use a kazoo on the end cut a hole as big as baffle

. If you want noise, and absolutely nothing else, then this is what to get...
Step 1: Consume contents - energy drink will increase driver performance.
Step 2: Remove green wrapping - you don't want people knowing you paid that much for it. Additionally, wrapping may be flammable... you can polish it at this point if you wish.
Step 3: Cut out a hole big enough to fit over current muffler tip. Weld here.
Step 4: Attach a kazoo inside other end of 'new muffler'... airflow will pass through this unit and provide additional meaty soundzzzzzzz...

sounds good i think 2nd opinion would be awesom. my bike is louder than my dads 07 sporty now but doesn't affect air fuel mixture (same flow) but what about backpressure to much?????

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: cheap muffler mod
Reply #1 - 06/24/10 at 05:40:38

Are you sure you're not obsessed w/ backpressure ?
Not sure what your real question is, but here is a stock muffler mod that makes it a little louder.
I would assume as the holes were made bigger, it would get louder, and that back pressure would get less.
For myself, and IMO, this mod was easy, its louder, didn't cost a dime,  doesn't sound bad, and can easily be brought back to stock. As far as back pressure is concerned, it doesn't concern me in the least.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
texsam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/24/10 at 06:30:15

i am obsessed w/ it. i don't have the spacer mod cause it was floodin my bike. the muffler is fully in tact just got suthin sliped on from the baffle back. that doesn't affect bak pressure. but can i do the drilling baffle with no spacer mod??

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #3 - 06/24/10 at 12:13:01

I don't know what baffle you want to drill, but drilling this back plate did nothing but make the exhaust a little louder, and I would guess made a little less backpressure too.
Doing a 1/2 spacer mod fixed the low speed lean surging condition that I had before I drilled the exhaust.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:22:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › cheap muffler mod

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.