windshield (Read 235 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: windshield
Reply #15 - 06/24/10 at 12:52:45

Bubba wrote on 06/24/10 at 10:55:36:
...Has anyone ever used the Flyscreen?...

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N2530?
Freeway the Flyscreen keeps wind in the face -- but holds some of the wind force to trying pushing the bike off.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/StreetShield.shtml
Touring and city winter -- pushes just back just the face and keeps the icy fingers under the collar.  On touring I was comfortable with a 500+ mile day on the SuperSlab.  

Switching is only a few minutes.

WWW   IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Reply #16 - 06/24/10 at 15:30:26

weracerc wrote on 06/24/10 at 11:45:09:
windshield topic very interesting to me - @ 400lbs i am a human parachute so to speak - i know thw weight is a factor in reduced gas mileage but the fat ass hanging out in the wind like a sail/parachute cant be helping any either - would a windshield offset some of the drag caused by the shere mass exposed to the wind or would it be a direct trade off wind resistance of another source??????.....i mean you see a prostock motor cycle make a run and the rider lays down behind the windscreen then pops up at the finish line and uses his/her body to slow the bike i.e. human parachute......at highway speeds i feel like the bike is screaming at me to find a 6th gear or slow down .......so windshiled, windscreen or leave it alone? Undecided

Weracerc
I feel your pain!  I'm 325 and I always felt like the wind was trying to help the bike shed me at highway speed.  I got a National Cycle PlexiFaring II.  It goes all the way out past the grips, and stands up to nose level.  It made a big difference to my comfort.  It took some experimenting to get the height and rake angle right, so the wind buffet just hits the top of my helmet rather than my forehead, but it has a 4 point mounting, so you can make many adjustments to get it right. My mileage runs 48-50 mpg, but I was probably not getting much better before install.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #17 - 06/24/10 at 15:33:21

I have a big Rifle windshield and got their lowers a couple months ago I really like it your no being pushed off the bike,Much more relaxing ride,Yes above about 60 mph the windshield will hurt your performance a little.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:19:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.