Send Topic Print
Good sounding exhaust? (Read 341 times)
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Good sounding exhaust?
Reply #15 - 06/22/10 at 18:58:06

similar to my screaming eagle turnout,  was too loud for me until I added a baffle.

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #16 - 06/25/10 at 09:27:26

I really like my HD Dyna sound.  Louder and deeper than stock with a drilled hole.

I worry about my neighbors if I am revving.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Reply #17 - 06/25/10 at 09:39:56

supertrapp was the best investment i made for my bike.  love the looks and the sound.  completely tunable too.  if you got the dough go for it

What can brown do for you!
aatif96   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 06/25/10 at 12:27:04

S/trapp w/ 14 disks requires rejetting, sure, but it sounds good to me & it Is tuneable. If I want to get the MPG back to stock, I can pull disks & rejet leaner, which I will do if gas goes to $5 or $6 bucks/gallon. With the carbon tax I expect they are gonna pass, since the Copenhagen summit was a bust due to Climategate & they couldnt get support for the cap & trade mess they wanted, now theyre out to get it done. Somehow another tax is supposed to sove the problem. I cant see how, but Im sure there're enough morons who would think so to give them the right to mess things up more. S/trapp is pricey & if you get it, Id go ahead & get another disk pack to go in it, or youll likely be spending more on freight to get it later. I think the Dyna is the best looking exhaust out there that slips on the Savage & for the $$, & the different sound it offers, you may be happy enough trying that. If youre not really after max performance but just want a better sound , theyre so cheap & easy to try out, Id suggest that first. I went with a Stage 1 cam on the first cam chain change & that gave me about the same change in performance that the Trapp did. If youre after performance, then the TRapp is the answer, IMO. Even w/ 14 disks, I can roll that thing thru a hospital zone & not be afraid Im disturbing people. Just gotta ride it gently & it makes a soft tone. Nail it, tho, & it barks. It growls & grumbles on decel. I like the heck out of it. Depends on your goals & the $$ you have to throw into it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #19 - 06/25/10 at 12:40:15

Sounds good to me,.....what can I say Wink

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #20 - 06/25/10 at 13:38:00

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:20:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Good sounding exhaust?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.