Send Topic Print
oil change (Read 302 times)
cursal

Daily Savage Rider

Eugene, OR
Re: oil change
Reply #15 - 06/15/10 at 07:23:50

I'm using Yamalube 20/50
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/apparel/apscitemdetail/3/121/all/1/7457/d...

It's what a local dealer puts in all the bikes in their shop, all metric bikes.
Running great in mine for past 800 miles.

was like 7 bucks a quart.

1998 Savage, 18,700 Miles, Wind Shield, Tach, K&N Airbox Filter, Leather Bags, CYCLE-TRON II Battery, verslavy cam adjuster, Kevlar F Pads Black.
Professional Web Developer: www.OregonPublishing.com
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #16 - 06/15/10 at 08:09:53

Quote:
If Verslagen verifies that Klotz works better in his bike later on this summer then we will crown it THE Supreme Savage Oil,
---------------------------------------------------------------
Why ? Is Versal the oil Goddess here ? Tell us more !

Funny thing, I know all the oils that work fine in motorcycles,.....which is almost every name brand there is gives no problem whatsoever, and its been that way for 50 years.
What I want to see is a list of name brand oils that does give problems,.......or, on 2nd thought, forget the list,...just name 1 !

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #17 - 06/15/10 at 08:18:43

Routy wrote on 06/15/10 at 08:09:53:
Quote:
If Verslagen verifies that Klotz works better in his bike later on this summer then we will crown it THE Supreme Savage Oil,

Funny thing, I know all the oils that work fine in motorcycles,.....which is almost every name brand there is gives no problem whatsoever, and its been that way for 50 years.
What I want to see is a list of name brand oils that does give problems,.......or, on 2nd thought, forget the list,...just name 1 !

+1 I get a kick out of some people here They say they use a certain oil with out problems,What problems did they think they might have.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #18 - 06/15/10 at 08:37:47

You'll like this ----

Verslagen is the only person qualified to have an opinion about all these oils since he bought a case or gallon of each one of the oil war favorites and he has been slogging through them one at a time ... for the last year and a bit.    Nobody else has actually cross-compared the oils in the same Savage, ever.

When he finishes with Klotz, then he will give the only real opinion of someone who has actually tried all the oils.

Bill is all excited now -- Rotella still exited Verslagen's skeeter fogger at high speed at the same rate as every other oil has done.   No better, no worse -- so a rare opportunity for Bill's Klotz exists.

IF Klotz doesn't evaporate out of Verslagen's bike like all the others then Klotz will win the comparison and the coveted title of Supreme Savage Oil and the oil wars will be officially over for good.

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

And soon enough we will know .....  temperatures are almost up to the California summer time testing range

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 06/15/10 at 08:53:24

Quote:

Castrol Magnatec 10W40. A friend poured it in a CBR900, clutch slipped from 6-7K to redline. Given, it's hi rev 120HP machine but...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #20 - 06/15/10 at 09:51:15

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/15/10 at 08:37:47:

You'll like this ----

Verslagen is the only person qualified to have an opinion about all these oils since he bought a case or gallon of each one of the oil war favorites and he has been slogging through them one at a time ... for the last year and a bit.    Nobody else has actually cross-compared the oils in the same Savage, ever.

When he finishes with Klotz, then he will give the only real opinion of someone who has actually tried all the oils.

Bill is all excited now -- Rotella still exited Verslagen's skeeter fogger at high speed at the same rate as every other oil has done.   No better, no worse -- so a rare opportunity for Bill's Klotz exists.

IF Klotz doesn't evaporate out of Verslagen's bike like all the others then Klotz will win the comparison and the coveted title of Supreme Savage Oil and the oil wars will be officially over for good.

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

And soon enough we will know .....  temperatures are almost up to the California summer time testing range

Oldfellow then you will be switching to Klotz when he finds its the best right.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 06/15/10 at 10:34:50

We will wait a bit to see what he says -- if it is a clearly superior wicking oil I might even be willing to pay that double to triple $$$$, who knows?

Right now I have a mix that works .....   so I am not hurting right now.

Wink   Wink   Wink   Wink

But why should normal folks with stock engines really be interested in expensive specialty wicking oil?  Stock engines will do fine with any non-energy savings star rated oil of the correct weight.   Certainly any motorcycle JASO wet clutch rated oil would do them just dandy.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 06/15/10 at 12:02:10

Currently logging temp's at arrival.
last week was cool, nothing to report other than keeping below 70 is hell.  She wants to go.
Changed the oil (still rotsyn) sunday.
Temps read with a i/r gage:
head, 220-225
oil filter, 170-175
wall, 75-85
Only appreciable oil use was a day she ripped the reins from my hands.    Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #23 - 06/15/10 at 19:09:13

bill67 wrote on 06/15/10 at 06:20:06:
I know its all about short term money,Being I'm planning on being around a while I think about the long term,Thats why I pay more for a racing oil, the engine will last longer runs cooler,more horsepower, better mileage.Klotz Mx4 in the BLACK BOTTLE.

I am eagerly awaiting Bill's actual documentation showing the proof that Klotz runs cooler and gives better mileage and more horsepower. I feel sure that when he makes such sweeping claims he has dyno sheets, IR temperature gun readings, oil temperature readings, and records of his gas mileage. After all, he certainly wouldn't make such claims without some evidence.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 06/15/10 at 19:58:08

I feel sure that information is tip top secret....  
He could show ya',.. but then he'd have to kill ya'... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #25 - 06/16/10 at 05:02:00

dasch wrote on 06/15/10 at 08:53:24:
Quote:

Castrol Magnatec 10W40. A friend poured it in a CBR900, clutch slipped from 6-7K to redline. Given, it's hi rev 120HP machine but...

But I have a friend that says it fixed his slipping clutch  Shocked
And my clutch feels more positive since I started using it.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 13:38:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oil change

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.