Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Finally Bobbed (Read 503 times)
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Finally Bobbed
06/12/10 at 20:50:39

Whew!  Finally got my s40 bobbed.  I'll be ready to ride as soon as I get it rejetted.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Re: Finally Bobbed
Reply #1 - 06/12/10 at 20:57:58

Pics??

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #2 - 06/12/10 at 22:36:27

Looks real nice man! Def need more pics. Is that the BCB seat kit? And get ready for the old men that consistantly state how you destroyed ur bike! Haha

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 06/12/10 at 22:43:08

Very nice. Enjoy it now... Smiley

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #4 - 06/13/10 at 05:49:32

Very nice, I like the rear turns signals there.  More pics would be good.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 06/13/10 at 07:14:37

Looking good. You might want to put a spray skirt of some kind over that back tire... Seem to recall Frisco being rather damp...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #6 - 06/13/10 at 07:23:26

nice and clean.. I've got those same tail lights.. ebay??

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #7 - 06/13/10 at 08:26:21

Weird I had to get on a different Browser to see the photo.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #8 - 06/13/10 at 11:53:35

Looks good!  Cool But, I would have to agree with WD, you might want some sort of rear fender/skirt to avoid the back spray the first time you hit a puddle  Shocked

Curious as to what you've got going on for the brake/tail light there, is it a Model A like others or something else? Better pic from behind would be great.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #9 - 06/13/10 at 16:48:48

Outstanding! Love the color!
Welcome to the club. Like Edgar said, be prepared for the haters...

More pics!!!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 06/13/10 at 17:04:04

YES Angry

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #11 - 06/13/10 at 17:18:42

Thanks for commenting.  Here are some more pics and details of my bobb.

This is what it looks like now.  I took it for my first ride in two weeks.  Boy, I didn't know how much I missed riding.  I was dreaming (seriously) like every night about riding.

The seat is from BCB.  The rear signal lights are the same one's from ebay as Babyhogs.  The tail light is from Ebay as well (more pictures below).

Here is the front view.  The lake is from Golden Gate Park... about 5 min from my house.

Close up of the seat.  Very nice.  Little wide in the front than stock.  However, I did not have to ride leaning forward as with stock bike to relieve the pressure from by tail bone.  I think the stock seat is nice, but it really bother my a$$.

Side view of my bike.  The header wrap is high temp titanium.  I didn't know if I would like the color, but it looks fine, so I prob will not paint over it.

Ok, here is my rear fender.  Almost done.  I have been painting it for over a week.  I was going to take it to body shop to get it done, but they wanted almost $400.  They said it was because it was Pearl paint and needed so many coats.  So I decided to do it myself using rattler spray (Krylon and others).  I first sanded the fiber glass with 220 sand paper lightly.  Sprayed with primer on both sides.  Used very light coat to avoid running.  This took about 2 days.  After drying for 24 hours, I sanded it again using 660 wet sand very lightly.  I let it dry for about 1/2 day.  Started spraying with regular white... about 4 coats.  After drying for 24 hours, I sprayed with pearl paint from Colorite ($33 a can..expensive, but no one sold spray pearl paint).  Sprayed multiple layers over 2 days, until the color matched my original fender.  More you spray pearl, less white it got.  As you can see the color is very close.  After drying for another 24 hours, sprayed about 2 layers of clear coat on both sides.  Once it dries for 48 hours, I will polish and wax.  If you are planning on spraying... only thing to keep in mind is:  Be very very patient and follow the direction on the can.  Oh, if you have paint run, use 1500 wetsanding to get rid of that.  

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #12 - 06/13/10 at 17:28:20

Very nice!! The rear fender finishes the bike perfectly! Nice job & congrats on the paint. Oh and don't paint your header wrap, it looks good like it is!

IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #13 - 06/13/10 at 17:56:22

It does look sweet bro! Can I just request a close up of your license plate mount. Where'd you get that fender?

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #14 - 06/13/10 at 18:26:47

Very nice... I love it!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:27:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Finally Bobbed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.