Send Topic Print
Finally Bobbed (Read 503 times)
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Re: Finally Bobbed
Reply #15 - 06/13/10 at 19:18:18

Oh yeah!  The fender makes it.  Just need to improve those front turn signals.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #16 - 06/13/10 at 22:13:51

I like the rear fender too. I'm guessing the rear fender, Model A taillight and seat are all from BCB. Looks like a nice setup that didn't require tons of extra hours designing your own mounts.

Well done bro, well done!!!  Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #17 - 06/13/10 at 22:28:46

Rear fender was BCB, since it came with the seat.  The tail light was model A cheapy from ebay.  The one with glass plate.  I could not justify spending so much on just a tail and turn signal from BCB.

The lic plate holder was included in the BCB seat/fender combo.  When I mount the fender this week, the lic plate will come off.  I will take close picture.  It is really simple design and some of us should be able to fabricate it I would guess.

By the way, I rejetted today.  So much more power.  But still getting pops on decel.  I have not done the spacer mod yet... I wonder if that will fix it.  Oh, I also need to change the spark plug.

I am just super glad I can ride.  Being unable to ride for two weeks was a super drag.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #18 - 06/13/10 at 22:40:03

My next project after getting the bike running smooth will likely be very cosmetic... either a nose art or hood ornament.  What do you think of hood ornament idea?  I thought it was good idea, but it may turn out to gaudy...

or

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Nathan

warm pavement.

Canada
Reply #19 - 06/14/10 at 13:31:31

Looking great! those back signals are bad ass. Great work!

86' ls650 Suzuki Savage.
  IP Logged
Nathan

warm pavement.

Canada
Reply #20 - 06/14/10 at 13:35:59

As for the hood ornaments all you can do is try, I don't mind the top babe with the flowing locks, if I were to pick. Thats just my opinion tho! Who knows, little something extra to spice it up might just be the cherry on top! or.. it could be a little to much. Take a snap with where you would want to put it in the position it would be with sticky tack! See what everyone thinks

86' ls650 Suzuki Savage.
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #21 - 06/14/10 at 13:36:57

A little undecided on the hood ornament, leaning towards not... BUT... Might change my mind if I saw one on there and liked it!

IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #22 - 06/14/10 at 14:26:54

earlytimz wrote on 06/14/10 at 13:36:57:
A little undecided on the hood ornament, leaning towards not... BUT... Might change my mind if I saw one on there and liked it!

x2

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #23 - 06/14/10 at 14:47:15

I think it needs an ornament just because the front is so close to stock.  I like the bottom one.  Or you could check out the one I have in the Marketplace.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #24 - 06/15/10 at 07:40:00

Somebody has an awesome coin on their front fender.... but my mind is blank as to who.  
Have you thought about decals?  I have been thinking about these, and they are having a 50% off sale!   http://www.cyclegraphics.com/productpages.shtml

I think its a very personal choice.... how to adorn your bike...  Go with your gut.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #25 - 06/15/10 at 09:00:36

Yep, I remember the coin...it was a nice touch. Good job on the build tie. I've been thinking the BCB seat is the way to go also. Is that the small seat or the large?
I probably won't bob for a while (till I wreck!).
I'm getting mine to the point where I can call it a "sleeper"... Grin

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #26 - 06/15/10 at 20:12:13

Savage kit only comes with larger seat.  Very comfy on a ride.  But, it kinda digs into by inner thigh when stopped.  It is not to bad, but I didn't expect that.

Bubba wrote on 06/15/10 at 09:00:36:
Yep, I remember the coin...it was a nice touch. Good job on the build tie. I've been thinking the BCB seat is the way to go also. Is that the small seat or the large?
I probably won't bob for a while (till I wreck!).
I'm getting mine to the point where I can call it a "sleeper"... Grin

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #27 - 06/15/10 at 20:12:53

Thank you... and I didn't have to rewire the darn lights like 3 times like last time.Nathan wrote on 06/14/10 at 13:31:31:
Looking great! those back signals are bad ass. Great work!

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #28 - 06/15/10 at 20:14:28

I am looking for a good artist to do the nose art... shying away from store bought decals.  

I just saw The Red Baron on netflix.  I am considering doing a WWI plane theme.

babyhog wrote on 06/15/10 at 07:40:00:
Somebody has an awesome coin on their front fender.... but my mind is blank as to who.  
Have you thought about decals?  I have been thinking about these, and they are having a 50% off sale!   http://www.cyclegraphics.com/productpages.shtml

I think its a very personal choice.... how to adorn your bike...  Go with your gut.

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #29 - 06/15/10 at 20:15:55

Painting is such a pain.  I dropped my fender and now it has a nasty nick on it.  I had to wetsand, reclear coat... one thing it is teaching me is patience.

jef.savage wrote on 06/13/10 at 19:18:18:
Oh yeah!  The fender makes it.  Just need to improve those front turn signals.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:22:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Finally Bobbed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.