Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Savage in Fayetteville NC (Read 97 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
New Savage in Fayetteville NC
06/05/10 at 15:37:26

Pulled into the local gas station right behind a new Savage person right here on Ramsey street in Fayetteville NC.

Congratulated the young man on his choice of motorsickles and invited him to tune in to Suzukisavage.com -- now let's see if he makes it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Re: New Savage in Fayetteville NC
Reply #1 - 06/05/10 at 23:31:05

Oldfeller, you make me miss Fayetteville.  I lived out in riverwinds housing area just down the road from ramsey st.  I dont know if you familiar with green light cycles, they used to do all my mechanic work on my bikes.

mikelhsr1982 mikelhsr1982   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 06/06/10 at 02:07:40

I've never let anyone work on one of my bikes -- cars yes, sometimes you lack the equipment to do some heavy work on a car.   So I don't know about the bike shops very much as they never had the part I needed and I can order it cheaper on line anyway.

============

Fayetteville keeps on growing outward as Fort Bragg endlessly expands inwards and outwards.  Spring Lake is totally surrounded by Fort Bragg on all sides now -- it is completely landlocked.  

The strip malls get replaced every 10-12 years with new ones further out towards Bragg and the old ones stand empty like little ghost towns with for rent signs on them.  

The empties wind up being churches and such eventually, churches are a real expansion industry in this town, got more small churches than you can shake a stick at.   Got about 5-6 really HUGE church complexes here as well.  

Young military families need a church, considering Dad is overseas policing the world all the time.   Mom and the kids need a emergency support structure and the military wives need a lot of emotional support.  Church can provide that.  Church is a very real part of this town.

All the big and small mobile home parks are gone now -- base housing disallowed mobile homes as approved housing and they evaporated inside 3 years, torn down for the scrap value of the aluminum and copper inside them.

All the industry in the area with the exception of Goodyear is gone now -- the economy rotates strictly around taking care of the military population.

Cost of living is still moderately low compared to Raleigh or Wilmington.

It is still Fayetteville -- always will be until Bragg goes away.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
kk lewi

Suki Love Rocks!

Eastern NC
Reply #3 - 06/06/10 at 16:48:10

there is a police officer training school on the outskirts?  Not a cop, but I've been there and there was a nice little community built up around that.  We went into town a few times and it's a fair sized town/city.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 17:35:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Savage in Fayetteville NC

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.