Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: No light trigger?...
Reply #1 - 06/02/10 at 12:25:57

Been there, done that.

Best solution in those instances is to call the Traffic People for your area and complain.  A traffic light system that will NOT sense a motorcyle (a VEHICLE) is defective and needs repaired.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #2 - 06/02/10 at 12:29:21

That's a very funny one Smiley Smiley

Around here they would have just ran the red light.......or maybe rode the dirtbike up on the sidewalk to push the button Shocked Shocked

I tend to do the first one if nobody is looking....
Bigzuk

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #3 - 06/02/10 at 12:42:17

BigZuk

In NC, you can legally go through a red light, if nothing is coming, you have waithed three minutes, it uses an inductive loop, etc.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/sessionlaws/html/2007-2008/sl2...

FWIW

But who wants to wait for three minutes (or time it for that matter)?

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #4 - 06/02/10 at 13:07:47

prechermike wrote on 06/02/10 at 12:42:17:
BigZuk

In NC, you can legally go through a red light, if nothing is coming, you have waithed three minutes, it uses an inductive loop, etc.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/sessionlaws/html/2007-2008/sl2...

FWIW

But who wants to wait for three minutes (or time it for that matter)?

Well, I guess I can add that one to a large and growing list of things I didn't know Grin Grin

Thanks, I'll print that one for the officer that won't know it too Wink
I bet 3 min. is a long time setting at a light with nothing going on, here I have been breaking another law that 2 more min. would have made legale Smiley

Bigzuk

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 06/02/10 at 15:30:44

youzguyz wrote on 06/02/10 at 12:25:57:
Been there, done that.

Best solution in those instances is to call the Traffic People for your area and complain.  A traffic light system that will NOT sense a motorcyle (a VEHICLE) is defective and needs repaired.

VEHICLE CODE SECTION 21450-21468

21450.  Whenever traffic is controlled by official traffic control signals showing different colored lights...  successively, one at a time... blah...  those lights shall indicate and apply to drivers of vehicles, operators of bicycles, and pedestrians as provided in this chapter.

A traffic light system that will NOT sense a motorcyle (a VEHICLE) is defective and needs repaired -- and IF not working successively lights is not covered by the cvc 21450-21468.  The broken light works as same as being a Stop Sign.

WWW   IP Logged
Horatio Hawkshaw
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/02/10 at 15:44:49

I carry a copy of the Georgia Code section that states "after a reasonable" amount of time, a motorcyclist can proceed through an intersection when safe to do so. I've only had to pull it out once. LEO wasn't thrilled, but he let me go.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #7 - 06/02/10 at 17:12:19

HoratioHawkshaw wrote on 06/02/10 at 15:44:49:
I carry a copy of the Georgia Code section that states "after a reasonable" amount of time, a motorcyclist can proceed through an intersection when safe to do so. I've only had to pull it out once. LEO wasn't thrilled, but he let me go.

same here in washington state

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/02/10 at 17:28:25

Leos are seldom happy to meet someone who knows the law.
They prefer the bluff and intimidate school.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 06/02/10 at 17:40:49

WWW   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #10 - 06/02/10 at 19:48:12

sluggo wrote on 06/02/10 at 17:12:19:

Is it?  I've browsed a little online trying to find the WA and OR rules, but never found anything definite.

And I had one of those Verslagen, or some similar.  They worked on some lights, but not all of them.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #11 - 06/02/10 at 20:24:25

John_D FSO wrote on 06/02/10 at 19:48:12:
sluggo wrote on 06/02/10 at 17:12:19:

Is it?  I've browsed a little online trying to find the WA and OR rules, but never found anything definite.

And I had one of those Verslagen, or some similar.  They worked on some lights, but not all of them.

a law was passed this last session, up intil now they couldnt ask for insurance card  but if they stop for running the light then they canask

yer right phel.  they hate itwhen i cdorrect them

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #12 - 06/03/10 at 06:42:47

Very nice information.  I'll have to check our law on that.  Thanks!  

I live about 1/2 mile from a one-lane tunnel, with lights on each end.  Not heavily travelled road either.  Have had to wait for a car to come up behind me (no push-button) to get the light to change.  I think they fixed it a while back though, with motion sensor cameras.  It works better now.  I've moved around a bit and got the light to change.  I certainly wouldn't run it though!!  No where to go in the tunnel if something is coming from the other direction!!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #13 - 06/03/10 at 14:06:55

I never had that problem on my S-40. My Rebel was a different story. I had to at a couple lights go on red or in a case where I was going to turn, use the other land and go straight.

As far as Leo's asking for insurance card. When my accident occured the officer asked me not only for my insurance but also for my licence and if I had an endorsement. I have heard they will confiscate your bike if you don't have an endorsement.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 19:02:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › No light trigger?...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.