Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Honda's U3-X Personal Mobility Prototype (Read 214 times)
sockmonkeygirl
Serious Thumper

37 Stitches

W.Mass
Re: Honda's U3-X Personal Mobility Prototype
Reply #15 - 06/04/10 at 23:08:38

Southpaw-you are so right.

If Gort is an X member, well, that sucks. Sad

Mick, I want to know why it isn't as much fun making fun of skinny people?  Oh that's right, because skinny people are no fun!  Tongue
But y'all know you're not normal either, right?   Wink
No one is perfect.  And all of our bodies eventually fall victim to nature.  It's unfortunate.  Sad, even.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #16 - 06/05/10 at 02:17:05

verslagen1 wrote on 06/04/10 at 22:50:39:
mick wrote on 06/04/10 at 22:09:02:
So what or who do you think this problem is ?

Not likely that we'll really ever know.  I'm not going beat my head against the wall cause I don't know either.  I was wonderin' if gort was tryin' to do what bigX has done and screw'd himself.  There's probably some 'howto' on some forum hackers website that tells you how to do it.  Don't care.

No not the case ,I talked with Gort this evening on the phone,he was kicked off the Suzuki site by some one here ,the only strange person who knows his real name is is Justin-o-guy.
Gort has no idea how to post because he cant,so he hasn't posted since he was kicked off the site, he would also like his $25 back, and if you kick me off I will be wanting mine as well.
So if it isn't you or the moderators who is it ? are we going to have this person roaming around kicking people off willie nillie just because he has a bug up his ass.
you are very freindly with at least one of the moderators ,I find it almost impossable for you not to know anything about it.
Art asked me never to mention this site to him again it was very upsetting,his Wife and son were beginning to notice he was getting depressed,so I promised not to mention it to him when we chat.
I am still going try and find this bastaed , I have a gut feeling about justin-o-guy, we got into bigtime a while back then he just simmered down Gort thought it was a chemical reaction to heavy metals that were causing his mood swings.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 06/05/10 at 02:32:53

sockmonkeygirl wrote on 06/04/10 at 23:08:38:
Southpaw-you are so right.

If Gort is an X member, well, that sucks. Sad

Mick, I want to know why it isn't as much fun making fun of skinny people?  Oh that's right, because skinny people are no fun!  Tongue
But y'all know you're not normal either, right?   Wink
No one is perfect.  And all of our bodies eventually fall victim to nature.  It's unfortunate.  Sad, even.  

Sock gal, I'm sorry if I offended, I am 73 years old I'm the same weight now as when I got out of the army,my Dad is 95 he is about 120 pounds .none of us is perfect that's for sure, but it is a fact the USA is 60% overweight,this coming generation will be the shortest lived in a 100 years, simple really if you eat more calories than you consume you will be over weight.
I have eaten one McDonalds hamburger in my entire life,made me very sick never ate another one, when I pass a fast food joint I almost vomit,strangly enough my sister is the same way, My step mom eats fast food all the time she is 280 pounds.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #18 - 06/05/10 at 20:56:39

mick wrote on 06/04/10 at 16:54:47:
Southpaw wrote on 06/04/10 at 12:31:34:
Skid Mark wrote on 06/02/10 at 18:09:52:
I bet those girls wouldn't look as svelt in a year if they got around just using that wheel. I could see a use for elderly folks, like me. Smiley

You are exactly right Skid Mark, and not to hijack the thread but this has been bugging me for awhile. That's a problem inherent to having to change from a busy lifestyle to mobility challenged. A few years ago my wife had a blood clot break loose from her aorta (sp?) and lodge in the small blood vessels to her left foot. They caught it all and put a stint in, but the nerve damage to her feet will never repair itself. I figure she used to walk 2-3 miles a day from building to building at the plant we both used to work, instead of taking the tunnels and golf carts because it was faster and nice to get out. (Heck, we all did, it was the only place the bosses left you alone!) Now she can't stand to walk more than a few football fields before her ankle and foot swells and she is in a fair amount of pain. The doctors say the can't do a lot for her. The problem is, her metabolism was used to her burning those extra calories and she didn't really change the way she ate until she'd put on quite a few pounds! Now she's in a daily fight to keep her weight down for her health, but the most common exercises to help that like treadmills are exactly what she can't do. She swims and rides a stationary bike, but that's about it! It's not like she just sits at the table and stuffs herself, but her calorie intake is more than she burns since she can't walk around as much. I used to see overweight people in Wal-mart on those scooters and think "where's your pride?" now I wonder how many are lazy and how many have a story like hers. My laborer buddy that just died was a 6'3" 280lb football player in school, worked doing heavy lifting all his life. Definitely was NOT lazy, had to go on disability after breaking his back. Didn't last 3 years and was darn near 400 lbs when he died. Did he suddenly get lazy? No, he just didn't stop eating like he always had until it was way too late! He couldn't exercise, he could barely walk. He said the same thing. By the time he realized it was a problem, it was too late!
Our eating habits and lifestyle are getting way out of balance despite all the information around us. If we're healthy enough to stay active as we age we're fine, but it doesn't take long to catch up to us if we have to slow down.

Sorry to hear about your wife ,is she getting a handle on it now ?
After my Aorta did a number on me I lost the use of my left hand,I can never ride again,or button a shirt,or do up my pants,well you get the picture,at the time of my surgery (Last Sept 4th) I also quit smoking, I thought I would explode but I didn't ,every thing tasted different,not better or worse just different,I almost quit eating all together I still eat very little I have a large bowl of sweet oatmeal
with 2 oz of cream on it and a pat of butter , for lunch A Banana.
for dinner a half a sandwhich. I was 145 when I went into hospital,
I am now 135 and feel fine I walk one mile a day.

Thanks for the concern Mick. From a health stand point she's doing better. She'll be dealing with medications and her weight for a while but its getting better. She's got a health club membership and is trying to swim and ride a stationary bike but its going to take time! Losing weight is a lot easier if you are physically able to do the kind of exercise you need but what do you do when you CAN'T walk distance???
 Like all of us that have had to deal with medical setbacks, she's having a little trouble with accepting her limitations. I think its human nature to tie our self worth to our occupation. It takes a change in our thought process to realize we're more than just "Joe the Plumber" or whatever. She watched me go through that about 10 years ago. Now she's finding out its easier said than done! She's a good kid and has a decent stubborn streak to push herself. All she needs is time!
 I hope things go well for you. You seem to have a good attitude about it and the body has some amazing ways of healing and adapting to life. I hope one day we see a picture of you, like Palladin, smiling again with some venture you love!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 16:08:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Honda's U3-X Personal Mobility Prototype

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.