Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: MEMORIAL DAY
Reply #30 - 05/31/10 at 20:54:18

First Memorial Day in a long time that I didn't make it to the cemetery or on a Scouting activity with flag retiring.

Growing up most of my friends were veterans of WW2, Korea, Vietnam. Was quite honored to meet a couple WW1 veterans at a Boy Scout Camporee held at the Old Soldier's Home in Orting Washington when I was in school.

While in US Navy "A" school in 95, I was quite honored to attend Memorial Day at the Tomb of the Confederate Unknown, at Beauvoir, Jefferson Davis's coastal manor turned soldiers home in Biloxi MS.

I've placed Wermacht flags on the resting places of German WW2 vets. Union Jacks on Revolutionary War British graves in new York. Got in trouble for flipping off Custer's stone at the Little Bighorn Battlefield (even though he was replanted elsewhere).

Like the war or hate the war, your side or the other guys' side, this holiday was started by a Union general to honor ALL war dead. If you want to feel sorry for the civilian dead, that's covered.

I think the war in the sandbox is a waste of time. Bring them home, drop one Sarin bomb on the area in memory of every U.S. KIA, nuke the remainder and go on to more important things. You need not agree, but the blood and sweat of every American veteran gives me the right to think that way. The same as it gives to steal and squander marxist liberal crybabies.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: MEMORIAL DAY
Reply #31 - 05/31/10 at 21:33:19

thumperclone wrote on 05/31/10 at 11:55:22:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/31/10 at 11:44:41:
My sadness for those killed, wounded & captured & abandoned is there. To not point out the "Raaah Raaah Raaah, we're number one" stuff & the reason for the wars is to leave the door open for people who havent a clue to continue living in a deluded state. NEVER believe I dont "support the troops". I do. I support them all coming home & living long & prosperous lives, RIGHT NOW, just like Obama said he was gonna do

bless the ones who gave all so yous could express your deluded opinions
simple fact:
muck rakers exist because of the vet

I AM a VET,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:46:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › MEMORIAL DAY

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.