Send Topic Print
Looking at new bikes (Read 463 times)
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Re: Looking at new bikes
Reply #30 - 05/27/10 at 13:05:20

Kim are they going to let you test drive?? because here they do NOT allow a test ride - you have to try someone elses, then go to the dealer and purchase, unridden, the bike of choice.

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #31 - 05/27/10 at 13:11:41

PerrydaSavage wrote on 05/27/10 at 03:30:01:
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic! Droooooooool!!!! Cool

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/063008middle.jpg

I havent seen a moto guzzi since I was in Ft Bragg.  I think there sharp

mikelhsr1982 mikelhsr1982   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 05/27/10 at 13:16:30

if it's used they should allow a test drive, harley allows test drives of their bikes new, might be a demo model you drive though and not the actual bike you buy, idk

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #33 - 05/27/10 at 14:31:46

Nat, the Triumph America is on special for $7999.  This bike is very very nice.. They come in blue or black..
No pink...hmmmm

Skatnbac, if they don't let me test drive the bike I want to. I will take  my business elsewhere. When I bought my S-40 they had no problems letting me test drive it. I had to have my license and proof of insurance. I also showed him my copy of my safety class card.
He said being I was a rider of then 3 years that he had no problems with letting me take it out.

I would never buy a bike I had not tested out.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 05/27/10 at 14:38:31

No test drives at the only nearby dealership. What they do is...you make a down payment or pay in full. If its a down payment you sign a contract agreeing to have consistent insurance as long as you still owe money. After the down payment you make no payments for at least a month depending on what plan you decide to go with. You have a month to return the bike for full refund of your down payment or full payment. All you have to do is buy a months worth of insurance.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #35 - 05/28/10 at 05:38:32

Burn -

That sounds like a pretty good deal at your dealership.

My choice of next bike will be driven in good part by the dealer network.

I have no desire to do any maint. myself, and like my cars that get serviced at the dealers, I take the bike to a very close by Suzuki dealer for maint. work.

That's why my next choices are fairly limited - close by are Suzuki, Honda, and Triumph (not counting HD, which I wouldn't want anyhow).

Also, if I'm ever on the road a good distance from home, I want a dealer as close as possible to fix anything that might break.  So Honda kinda fits that bill best, don't ya think?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #36 - 05/28/10 at 05:46:18

Triumph offers a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. Plus free oil changes for as long as you own the bike, yet limited to 4 per year.

I will always carry road side assistance as that helps should their be a problem while I am out and about.

It will be fun to go back and sit on these bikes once my hand is healed. Then I can set them up on the 2 wheels by  myself and get a good feel as well.. Smiley

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #37 - 05/28/10 at 05:54:37

Kim -

I almost bought a Triumph 2 years ago when I bought my S40 instead.  I hadn't riddn in 40 years, so it was kind of an experiment to see if I really wanted to get back into it seriously.  I didn't want to spend much $$ on that experiment.  So I bought a 2 year old used S40.  Now i do like to ride again, but my riding is fairly limited.  With Ohio weather, the season is basically April thru most of October.  My job dictates that I wear a suit some days each week, so I don't get to ride to work often.  Plus, some client will usually call unexpectedly offering an adult beverage time after work.  My unalterable rule is that I won't ride after even one drink.

I know it's probably sacrilage to say so here, but the big maxi scooters kinda lit my fire too.  The Burman and Honda Silverwing are really nice, but both are over $10K, equipped.  Lots of money for what is, to me, basically a recreational machine.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #38 - 05/28/10 at 10:15:10

cornfuzed wrote on 05/26/10 at 14:27:47:
http://assets.bikerzeit.at/content/thump_565_1248123357043_ba_02%5B2%5D.jpg
my favorite trumph to date... 1700cc parallel twin...  VERY VERY HOT i think..

That is a sweet ride.

mikelhsr1982 mikelhsr1982   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #39 - 05/28/10 at 10:47:45

Mike, thanks for the pic. That is one very nice looking bike. 1700 is more bike than I need or want. Nice to hear it delivers a sweet ride for you.

I did set on a Vulcan 1300 and was a lil intimidated by that..

If I could, I would take the hubby's Shadow 750 out today... Darn it is raining and there is still the thumb thingy...  Sad

IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #40 - 05/28/10 at 18:36:24

Well, i ride with with a lot of Harley's. They now have a lot of respect for my S40 popper and I have been on some long rides with them but I needed a bike with a little more room and better "get lucky" accommodations (read "back seat" for you morons). So I could not turn down the deal on a new '09 C50T and with 1.99% financing I make money!! Plus 24 month warranty!! Ohhhh I have already made some mods. And NO, I will not part with my beloved Popper. Its just great around town.

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #41 - 05/28/10 at 19:21:41

It is amazing to me how many of us own bigger bikes yet still ride the S40 in town because it just does it better than the bigger bikes.

The Savage -- the world's best get around town bike !!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #42 - 05/28/10 at 20:35:52

Vtail, you lucky dog. You have the bet of both worlds now!!! Wish I could have kept the S40.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #43 - 05/31/10 at 21:50:38

Skid Mark wrote on 05/28/10 at 20:35:52:
Vtail, you lucky dog. You have the bet of both worlds now!!! Wish I could have kept the S40.

Me too!  I love the C50, just wish I could've afforded to keep both.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #44 - 06/01/10 at 08:36:15

The Triumph still holds my attention. They advertise to come in and test ride the 2010.. So that tells me right there I will be able to test one out when I am healed...Whoppee something to really look forward to..  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 18:52:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Looking at new bikes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.