Send Topic Print
Cone Filter Size (Read 133 times)
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Cone Filter Size
05/16/10 at 00:17:34

I want to put a cone filter on my carb, and am wondering if anyone could tell me what the diameter of the inlet is I need.  

Thanks in advance

mikelhsr1982 mikelhsr1982   IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Cone Filter Size
Reply #1 - 05/16/10 at 01:41:21

This is what I have:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RC-1250

I think 60mm is the OD of the carb inlet. This 57mm K&N works really well.

IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #2 - 05/16/10 at 08:47:29

Thanks dasch.  This is one of the final puzzle pieces I need to finish my build.

dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/16/10 at 09:15:49

Wink good luck with it!

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #4 - 05/16/10 at 09:32:19

Hey Mike, here's the one I bought. It's a washable dry filter so you never have to worry about oiling it. It also has a stainless mesh which looks good & is durable. The small size allows it to fit into the tight spot without a problem... Cheap too!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ONE-60MM-CHROME-POD-PERFORMANCE-AIR-FILTER-AIR...

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/16/10 at 09:39:51

Oh yeah! Pretty too.

IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/16/10 at 09:46:48

I have this filter also.  Don't believe it when they tell you you don't have to oil it.  They are saying that to sell the filter.  K&N is also a cotton gauze filter and they void the warranty if you don't oil it, and for a very good reason.  The "dirt" your filter sees contains more that dust.  It picks up petroleum based airborne contaminants.  These are found in vehicle exhaust and air pollution, among other sources.  Over time, these will contaminate your cotton gauze just like grease and oil ruins the rags you use to clean your hands.  Ever try to wash that out?  Look at the rag....you never get it all out.  Same thing with a cotton gauze filter.

Oiling the filter with a washable oil causes the oil to catch the airborne petroleum contaminants.  When you wash the filter, the washable oil is removed along with the contaminants which are stuck in the oil.

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #7 - 05/16/10 at 10:06:32

Good point, Gort.

I failed to mention that I oiled mine w/ WD-40. Sure, not as effective filtering as the sticky filter oil, but the same concept when it comes to washing it. You can't expect to get the "best" in filtration with something like this, but it breathes good and catches the bigger contaminants. Avoid those dust storms!!!

IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #8 - 05/16/10 at 14:07:26

earlytimz wrote on 05/16/10 at 10:06:32:
Good point, Gort.

I failed to mention that I oiled mine w/ WD-40. Sure, not as effective filtering as the sticky filter oil, but the same concept when it comes to washing it. You can't expect to get the "best" in filtration with something like this, but it breathes good and catches the bigger contaminants. Avoid those dust storms!!!
WD40, I used to use PB Blaster on my 4-wheeler and dirt bike filters.  Seemed to work pretty good.  Not sure of any long term problems but I have enough of it in my building.  I may have to try wd.  

mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #9 - 05/16/10 at 14:12:48

earlytimz wrote on 05/16/10 at 09:32:19:
Hey Mike, here's the one I bought. It's a washable dry filter so you never have to worry about oiling it. It also has a stainless mesh which looks good & is durable. The small size allows it to fit into the tight spot without a problem... Cheap too!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ONE-60MM-CHROME-POD-PERFORMANCE-AIR-FILTER-AIR...
Thanks, I need it

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:21:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cone Filter Size

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.