Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
E-bay seller bait and slap to the face (Read 217 times)
Chief Gunner

0 - 60 "When I
darn Well Feel Like
It"

Chesapeake, VA
E-bay seller bait and slap to the face
05/14/10 at 11:48:22

New to E-bay or internet buying period, is this normal?

30 dollars for 06 Savage Frame off a running bike!!!!YEEAAHHHHH

Shipping 140 Dollars and no title ?????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Suzuki-LS650-Savage-S40-650-FRAME-/370143745295?cmd=ViewI...

Anyone want to buy a bridge?

'87 Savage, Got more invested in beer and paint then I paid for the bike. Figure that surely makes it mine!
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: E-bay seller bait and slap to the face
Reply #1 - 05/14/10 at 12:16:38

Pinwall's actually a reputable seller. I havent had any experience but a few here have and had no issues. They're probably charging so little for the frame because it has no title, and it probably has a title but they dont feel like dealing with the hassel of transferring it to a potentially out of state purchaser. It may also be a frame off a "totalled" bike that had more cosmetic damage than it was worth. Id definately require a document stating that the frame is straight, with no cracks, and is in legal and safe roadworthy condition. For $60 its hard to beat. As far as shipping...it would require a very large package. Probably a crate.

IP Logged
Chief Gunner

0 - 60 "When I
darn Well Feel Like
It"

Chesapeake, VA
Reply #2 - 05/14/10 at 12:33:17

RGR that man, he's actually got three of them on there. The older the frame the less he's charging for shipping. Looked to me that the price is the shipping and the shipping is the price!! He has videos of each showing the bike actually running, so you are probably right about not wanting to deal with the title hassle. He's making enough money if all the other parts sell.
Like I said I'm new to shopping online, haven't trusted it with all the hackers and rip off artists, but it looks like E-bay has come a long way with the ratings and feedback from buyers.
Thanks for the input.

GMCS

'87 Savage, Got more invested in beer and paint then I paid for the bike. Figure that surely makes it mine!
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #3 - 05/14/10 at 13:10:43

I'v gotten a few things from Pinwall.  They are a bit high on shipping but they don't try to hide it or fool you in any way.  I think they're charging for the labor to pack.  I got a caliper last week for 9.99 and 13 something shipping.  So I paid $23 and got it in a couple of days.  I was happy.

Some companies go ridiculously low on price and high on shipping.  If you read the fine print it will say the price is refundable but the shipping is not.  I try to stay away from them.

IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #4 - 05/14/10 at 13:19:10

The cost to shipping ratio is like that on all decent deals from alot of different sellers/stores. Personally I have never been done wrong by Pinwall.  Just like BurnPgh said, Id have them ship with some documentation and/or a bill of sale.

mikelhsr1982 mikelhsr1982   IP Logged
Chief Gunner

0 - 60 "When I
darn Well Feel Like
It"

Chesapeake, VA
Reply #5 - 05/14/10 at 13:57:15

Good to know guys, thanks.
Shipping costs are definately a gamble.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 05/14/10 at 14:34:43

Fleabay has upped their slice of the pie,
so it maybe a way to reduce their take.
Many charge a lot for shipping and something like a buck to start.
just got to reason out your total cost.
besides, frames have got to be hard to pack well.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 05/14/10 at 17:01:26

frames have got to be hard to pack well.

Ha! Piffle,, gimme a torch & a decent cardboard box & I can get it on a UPS truck...he he he

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #8 - 05/14/10 at 18:45:20

I have actually visited Pinwall's store in person.  It was crowded that day, but they were helpful.  They don't have all their Ebay pieces out in the store, mostly new stuff and whole bikes.  I don't think I've bought anything from them, but I know they are for real, if that helps any.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
crabpainter

Look Twice Save A
Life    

Kentucky
Reply #9 - 05/14/10 at 20:01:42

My guess is verslagen1 is correct. Savvy ebayers have been selling their goods dirt cheap and making up the difference in shipping.

This to avoid paying high final value fees.

Interested in pre 70's British bikes or Hodaka's.
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #10 - 05/14/10 at 21:43:28

You can sort by price plus shipping so you can get an idea of total cost.  And 140 doesn't sound like that much when you consider it's gotta probably be shipped frieght on a crate.  With gas prices as high as they are now shipping is not cheap.  Also you don't have to pay listing fees or final value fees on shipping so it's a savings of a few percentages on 140$ that'd probably amount to like 10-15 dollars he's saving by not offering the frame at 170 with free shipping.  

Ebay is super safe.  It's actually more dangerous for the seller I think.  If you order a something on ebay and the seller can't prove you got it.(they didn't use signature confirmation or something) you can say you never recieved it and paypal will refund your money.  ordered something from china once and after about 30 days not getting it complained and got my money back.  the item ended up actually finally arriving though.  ordering from china is great it costs like 3 dollars for something that cost 20 here, it just takes at least 10-20 days to get here. I got a set of spike grips(for a boulevard s50, they fit fine) for my bike from china for 20$ that would be about 50-150 here.  

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/15/10 at 01:17:39

PayPal cannot protect you every time.  Not thinking to discuss it with me first, my wife ordered an item from a seller who never sent it and could not prove they did.  PayPal investigated and said the seller was at fault.  PayPal could not get our money back, because the seller emptied the bank account he registered with PayPal, so that PayPal could not withdraw our money from it and refund us.  These crooked sellers then re-open under a new name and new checking account, and start all over again.  Do not trust PayPal's claim that they will protect you, and NEVER buy from any seller without first checking their feedback for any bad responses.  I NEVER buy from any seller with less that a 100% positive feedback history, and after this costly lesson, neither does my wife.

IP Logged
miker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texas, USA
Reply #12 - 05/15/10 at 06:24:58

I have mede several purchases from Pinwall. Their price plus shipping is very competitive and the inventory is vast, and I have always received items as described promptly. No issues at all. I would also recommend that you do not purchase from any seller with less than 100% positive feedback. I made a purchase from an outfit with 99.5%, and I had problems, in that my account was charged but item never shipped. After a bit of hassle and time, I was fortunate to get a refund.

None of us know as much as all of us!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:17:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › E-bay seller bait and slap to the face

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.