Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Ahhh, now that's better! (Read 2594 times)
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Re: Ahhh, now that's better!
Reply #45 - 05/12/10 at 09:20:22

The model A tail light is a nice touch to the side license mount! Good looking job overall! Out of curiosity, how bright are the front mini blinkers? The cops around here would be giving you grief over how close they are together. That's one place I'd worry about sending the wrong signal to an oncoming cager. Having them turn right in front of you is a real "pucker" moment I try to avoid! Anyway, enjoy the ride and the looks. You've earned them!

Ride safe!

Dan

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #46 - 05/12/10 at 09:41:01

earlytimz wrote on 05/11/10 at 19:42:06:
Charon,
Come on bro, a bad day at the office or what?? To each his own.. I'm glad we agree on that. Kinda works for opinions too huh? I've had several bikes over the years & I've been wanting to build a bobber for the last few. I finally get my chance to do what I've been dreaming about and you gotta hit me with that?
Honestly BUD, an 86 savage w/ fugly azz green paint, bad cam chain, dirty as hell, front tire dry rotted, mirrors so cloudy you can't even see out of 'em, rear signals missing, etc, etc, etc... And you wanna rag me about resale value??? I would give TWICE the money for it now!!!
Thanks for the... whatever, I dunno...Just go away... Thanks

I wouldn't worry about Charon, I don't think I have seen a single post of his where he ain't b!tching about some mod or other that one of us has done.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #47 - 05/12/10 at 10:08:08

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 05/12/10 at 09:41:01:
Charon,
Come on bro, a bad day at the office or what?? To each his own.. I'm glad we agree on that. ...

I wouldn't worry about Charon, I don't think I have seen a single post of his where he ain't b!tching about some mod or other that one of us has done.

Now where would you be w/o the warning sticker on the tank telling us not to eat it?
To each his own... as long as he don't spread the word to all the other nanny states.

WWW   IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 05/12/10 at 10:30:59

Charon is OK. He does it out of best intentions. Whether we listen or not... hey... to each it's own, right?

Vers, you're saying you in US can't eat the tank?? Europeans can!!!  Cheesy

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #49 - 05/12/10 at 10:38:05

Charon is all right with me,Anyone that uses Sea Foam is an all right guy.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #50 - 05/12/10 at 10:41:31

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 05/12/10 at 09:41:01:
Charon,
Come on bro, a bad day at the office or what?? To each his own.. I'm glad we agree on that. Kinda works for opinions too huh? I've had several bikes over the years & I've been wanting to build a bobber for the last few. I finally get my chance to do what I've been dreaming about and you gotta hit me with that?
Honestly BUD, an 86 savage w/ fugly azz green paint, bad cam chain, dirty as hell, front tire dry rotted, mirrors so cloudy you can't even see out of 'em, rear signals missing, etc, etc, etc... And you wanna rag me about resale value??? I would give TWICE the money for it now!!!

It doesn't bother me.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 05/12/10 at 11:18:40

bill67 wrote on 05/12/10 at 10:38:05:
Charon is all right with me,Anyone that uses Sea Foam is an all right guy.

Grin that's the spirit!!! But he doesn't believe in Klotz!! Nobody's perfect, right?

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #52 - 05/12/10 at 12:46:28

Hey Bill,
Yeah, Beech Bend is still here. I live way out in the north part of the county about 10 miles from there as the crow flies. I can hear the drag cars running on quiet saturday nights. Thru the summer, they usually have some big event going on down there every weekend . Whether it's at the drag strip or the circle track, or both. Pretty cool place to be if you're a gear head. Being right on the river, They got flooded out a couple weeks ago... Yall might have heard about the flooding around here...

SouthPaw,
Thank you, Sir...
Those little signals are surprisingly bright. I'm sure they aren't actually legal, but it sure as hell beats what my original plan was!! Besides, they are pretty friggin sick!! I absolutely love the rears mounted on the factory seat mounts. It's a perfect spot & looks killer. I agree the fronts are a little close to the headlight, maybe too close. I milled over that for days and finally made a bracket to mount them to. Didn't have a lot of options so it is what it is... I'm not using a horn either, which isn't legal, but honestly in all my years of riding I have never used it anyway. In a pinch, I never have time to look down & find the horn. I always just yell at 'em! Trust me, it's gets their attention and 90% of the time it's a woman in a mini-van, on a cell phone!! LoL
Here's a shot of one. I had to buy 2 sets (packs of 4) since I broke one of the leads during dis-assembly and needed an extra. Now I have 3 spares which is nice since you cant change the bulbs. Diameter is about 3/4", the stamps give you a reference. Also included some eye candy because... well... who really wants to look at a dang mini light bulb anyways??? I bought my seat from Demon's. Awesome guys to work with and had it here from FL in 2 days.     Enjoy!

IP Logged
Nerfherder
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Campbell, KY
Reply #53 - 05/12/10 at 15:37:34

There is a turn signal in that picture?!?

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #54 - 05/12/10 at 18:57:53

Very nice bobber! As far as why, why not? People personalize bikes any which way and I love them all! Whether is totally ratted with rust and a Longhorn skull or a $15,000 Pereweitz paint job! It's yours, eff it up anyway you want as long as you can still ride it. Resale value? Come on! Everybody knows the Savage is supposed to be a throw away bike! We here, have figured out better stuff to do with it. So keep posting pics  of your latest atrocity to the motorcycle kingdom, and I'll keep looking! Just throw in an occasional girl with some nice wobbly bits to cleanse the palate, as it were.   Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #55 - 05/12/10 at 19:46:05

You SAVAGES!  LOL   Wink

I do like the little lights.  Would like to have them on my license plate...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #56 - 05/12/10 at 20:23:27

Hey baby, the savageness is in our blood!! LoL

Whew.. I'm having a heck of a time tonight. I think it's time to put her to bed and hit it again tmrw evening. (after I cut the grass of course.. ughh)
These forward controls are giving me fits. Ed says he's never had any probs like I'm having, so I dunno what's up. Never got any feedback on whether the 86's kickstand & pegs are different...???
I had to modify the left plate in 3 different ways to make it work. It's good to go now & even put the kickstand back in the stock location. The right plate seemed good during mock-up, but I ended up making another brake & brake light cable holder because the cable wouldn't work & there's no adjustment there. It needed less slack & I didn't wanna drill a new hole in the plate to move it.
Mine is on the left:

Dang, it's supposed to be 87 and sunny w/ no chance of rain tmrw. I was hoping to be done tonight... The journey continues

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #57 - 05/13/10 at 01:20:21

I've got a set of mini-marker lights almost exactly like those that a friend picked up for me at Harbor Fright, a couple dollars I think.  Mine have 3 fins sticking out though, kinda like the old spinners on racing tires.  Good to know they're so bright.  I'm thinking of eventually putting them on the plate, and wiring them up either as extra turn or just running lights.  Depends on the rules for what colors can be used for which purpose around here. Undecided

And I always thought the Savages looked good enough to eat, and here comes Verslagen tellin' me I'm not supposed to?!  Tongue

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
buggs
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Jefferson, Ohio
Reply #58 - 05/13/10 at 02:23:23

Earlytimz did you have to get longer cables for the ape hangers? if so where did you get them?  I'm working on a project putting on 3" risers and split the bars and stretched 6" have not got back together hoping not to have to much problem.

nice looking bike!

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #59 - 05/13/10 at 04:33:16

I didn't get longer cables, but I sure could've used them. I just re-routed the clutch and throttle cables but I don't really like them like they are. They do work.. I will probably still change them out later on when after my wallet recovers from the initial shock of building this thing.

Hey John, there's a lot of things we're "not supposed" to do... I say as long as it's consensual you'll be alright...  LoL

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 21:24:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ahhh, now that's better!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.