Send Topic Print
Seat (Read 213 times)
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Seat
05/09/10 at 00:09:08

Has anyone re upholstered their seat?  Any info on how to keep it flat were stitching usually is?

mikelhsr1982 mikelhsr1982   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re:  Seat
Reply #1 - 05/09/10 at 06:40:27

Not sure what you are asking, but I do alot of sewing and might be able to help if I understood.  

I took the cover off mine, to insert a Saddlemen gel pad, sculpted out the foam some, put in the gel pad, and re-covered.  More comfortable, but still wasn't happy with it.  Then bought a Mustang seat for an older Sportster, but the curve of the seat pan was wrong, so I took it to a local upholstery guy and he swapped the seat pans.  Now I have a Mustang seat on my original pan.  I can give you info on him, if you are ever up this way and want to go that route.  He only charged me $50 and it was a job!  He has also done alot of work for my husband on vehichle seats, etc, and does a great job.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #2 - 05/09/10 at 09:22:16

In a nut shell, the seat is called a "queen bee" seat,lol. It has squares stitched in the middle everywhere.  Not really my style.  I just want to get a smooth cover on it.  It being an 87 I may have to get new foam.  I looked into a springer seat but don't know if my tail can handle that.  lol

Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 05/09/10 at 09:53:32

I think I follow....   Smooth the foam with a cheese grater type file... then cover with a single piece of vinyl ... lay vinyl in hot sun or use blow dryer or steam to get fabric stretchy...  
and you end up with this...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #4 - 05/09/10 at 13:16:42

Thats the look Im going for.  Nice bike

james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #5 - 05/12/10 at 16:02:26

Serowbot that's pretty much exactly the look i'm looking for on my bike too.  Want to do a solo seat, but didn't want the bike to look really short and stubby, that fender helps keep the length on the bike.  Where'd ya get that fender from?

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #6 - 05/12/10 at 19:49:33

I have front (and rear) seats from older Savages, if anyone wants to play with a spare.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 17:31:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.