Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sigh... another savage rider born today... (Read 189 times)
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
sigh... another savage rider born today...
05/07/10 at 14:04:27

Cool my 14yr old son wanted to learn how to ride my savage, thought it was neat as he has been riding dirtbikes / atvs most his life now... had him in the back yard where i have hills, trees , roots, firepits... and i just helped him... VERY little... not smoooth yet on the turns, rear braking / clutching on the down hill turns... but he had a grin ive seen before... MINE! like a chesire cat! hahahaha a new savage rider has been born after 30 mins of working with the lad !!!!!!    Cool Cool

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Re: sigh... another savage rider born today...
Reply #1 - 05/07/10 at 14:09:28

Hahah.  My son is 9 and he already wants my S40 as a hand me down when he gets big enough to ride.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/07/10 at 14:12:27

Tiefighterpilot wrote on 05/07/10 at 14:09:28:
Hahah.  My son is 9 and he already wants my S40 as a hand me down when he gets big enough to ride.

Grin Grin my other son has already claimed it as his when he is 16...  Grin Grin i guess i have 2 savages now in my family up and comming... Cool

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #3 - 05/07/10 at 22:33:40

I know how that goes. My 13 year old is as tall as me now and I catch him sitting on my S40 all the time. I have to keep the keys put up so he doesn't take off on me.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #4 - 05/08/10 at 05:59:57

I hate to break it to you, but I suspect they don't care whether it is a Savage or not. It is a motorcycle, and that is what matters. I'd bet, at that age, they would be even happier with a sportbike.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 05/08/10 at 06:13:58

WE ARE GROWING OUR OWN ! !  YEHA ! !
SOME DAY SAVAGE/S40 RIDERS WILL RUN THE WORLD  ! ! ! !

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #6 - 05/08/10 at 17:21:30

I finally talked my brother into going with the Savage/S40 and he is now actively looking for a used one. It doesn't have to run and a complete basket case would be fine. He and I both are just very tired of trying to figure out his GL500 that has been broke down in my garage for almost a year now.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #7 - 05/10/10 at 06:57:53

My almost-19-year-old wants a bike.  He likes my S40, but he is also digging the new HD Forty-eight.  I don't think there are too many cheap, used ones of those yet... lol  He has a friend trying to sell him a Sportster, but I showed him the M50 that I've been drooling over, and he liked it too.  I guess it will depend on what's available and when.  But I'd love to get him on a Suzuki.  He can spend his money on a Harley later in life if he wants...

« Last Edit: 05/10/10 at 20:16:16 by babyhog »  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/10/10 at 19:12:53

babyhog wrote on 05/10/10 at 06:57:53:
My almost-18-year-old wants a bike.  He likes my S40, but he is also digging the new HD Forty-eight.  I don't think there are too many cheap, used ones of those yet... lol  He has a friend trying to sell him a Sportster, but I showed him the M50 that I've been drooling over, and he liked it too.  I guess it will depend on what's available and when.  But I'd love to get him on a Suzuki.  He can spend his money on a Harley later in life if he wants...

Yup thats how we feel with our son.. 14 1/2 in 1 yr can ride / drive so we have drummed up a 4x4 and dual sport we think he will love... that turd is spoilt i say!  Matter of fact i know he will love the dual sport.. TW200... wadda fine thumper that one is... an cheap too...

2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
TJ9000
YaBB Newbies

Alabama
Reply #9 - 05/11/10 at 11:33:44

babyhog wrote on 05/10/10 at 06:57:53:
My almost-19-year-old wants a bike.  He likes my S40, but he is also digging the new HD Forty-eight.  I don't think there are too many cheap, used ones of those yet... lol  He has a friend trying to sell him a Sportster, but I showed him the M50 that I've been drooling over, and he liked it too.  I guess it will depend on what's available and when.  But I'd love to get him on a Suzuki.  He can spend his money on a Harley later in life if he wants...

Same here. I've been drooling over the M50 for a while now. One day, one day...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 07:33:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › sigh... another savage rider born today...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.