Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Terrible ride yesterday (Read 765 times)
wingsout
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lockport NY
Re: Terrible ride yesterday
Reply #45 - 05/10/10 at 09:29:47

I've noticed over the years that what I eat affects how I feel; that's why some days are better than others. Next time you go on a ride; try eating some pasta or a turkey sandwich about a half hour before you leave. might work.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #46 - 05/10/10 at 09:51:43

The reason you feel different on different days is because of your biological rhythm cycle.My wife used to keep a monthly chart on hers.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #47 - 05/12/10 at 10:17:04

Everyday finds a different comfort zone. You were obviously out of yours on that unfamiliar road coupled with vision problems, was a recipe for disaster. You were right to slow down. Not every day is a riding day. Heed that inner voice. That said, sometimes just visiting a parking lot to practice some hard stops and figure eights can help you find your groove before you get back out there amidst the cagers. More seat time will help. We all have those days, and no, drinking won't make it better, no matter who says otherwise.  Good luck!  Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #48 - 05/14/10 at 12:57:21

Ed L. wrote on 05/06/10 at 15:53:53:
Don't focus on the turn, focus on the exit of the turn.

Never have truer words been spoken!
This always helped me more than anything. In other words... Don't focus on where you're at, focus on where you wanna be. You don't look at your feet when you walk... Right??
Now get back on that horse!

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #49 - 05/14/10 at 18:48:20

Thanks everyone.  I've ridden a couple times since with no problems, so I'd say all is well.  Now if the sh!tty weather would improve!  Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #50 - 05/14/10 at 19:55:52

You should not overextend your comfort zone on an unknown road..chances of straying into oncoming lane too great..and headon's on Bikes just don't get my vote.  The fear thing can come out of nowhere but usually it's something your mind catches below your consious level..and if your eyes are having trouble..well if you can't see clearly where your going (and this especially includes coners and uneven pavement) you'll go where you shouldn't.  As you have nnoted, it got better on subsequent rides..so carry on and have some fun.
As for the mechanics of turns, focus on the exit is great advice.  You should, on left handers for example, get to the right breaking as needed, drop or tilt to your left, accellerate out of the turn.  Or as my dear departed teacher told me, Break in, run out. Cheesy  As you make your line through the curve, clipping the apex, and accelerating  out -you will be in more control and less likely be in the wrong part of the road.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 04:44:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Terrible ride yesterday

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.