Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Big Crank Install (Newbie) (Read 277 times)
cowspotter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ashburn, VA
Re: Big Crank Install (Newbie)
Reply #15 - 04/15/10 at 12:28:53

A lot of people use those connectors because the battery is so hard to get to. I don't think you'll need it though. The AGM batteries do not self discharge the same way a standard lead acid battery does. I stored my bike from December thru the end of March and it started up strong without any charging or tender.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 04/15/10 at 15:41:14

So did my stock battery in my 2006 went 4 1/2 months without any charging Its the original battery.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
savagearkie
YaBB Newbies

Complete and utter
newbie diggin' the
Savage life!

Reply #17 - 04/15/10 at 19:31:06

Thanks for the help, everybody...bent the tabs as necessary, put the charged-up Big Crank in, got everything put back together and she fired up good and STRONG, lights blazing and everything.   Cool

I decided on keeping the underglow's leads disconnected for now, will probably take 'em off later anyway.

Took her around the block just after dark for a victory lap and got a first good look at the strength of the lights.  Appreciate the tips.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #18 - 04/15/10 at 22:25:55

Just because a battery starts the bike, doesn't mean it isn't 1/2 dead. And a 1/2 dead battery is slowly self destructing. I would for sure connect the pigtail plug for the tender, and use it every month or 2. If you ride long distances, the battery will probably stay near full charge, but if you do short trips only, the battery could be slowly discharging, and should be tenderized every month or 2. Just know one thing,.....the closer you keep your battery to full charged, the longer it will last. Since using the tenders, minders, float chargers, etc have become more popular, we are finding batteries lasting longer than ever before.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 15:50:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Big Crank Install (Newbie)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.