Send Topic Print
wrong section (Read 163 times)
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
wrong section
04/08/10 at 10:44:18

how can i move a most from tech doc /ref to rsd.

i mistakenly posted a question there and need to move that

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: wrong section
Reply #1 - 04/08/10 at 10:57:43

As far as I know,.. just copy and paste, then delete the original post...

In answer to your question,... Yes, it sounds like petcock trouble...
Here's how to test it...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1251932429

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #2 - 04/08/10 at 11:25:58

THX Serowbot!

======================

Im wondering what it means when, right before she dies i pull the vacuum line and shes alive again.

I try to let her idle for a few to warm her up before i go, recently she starts up ok, rpm slows down to finally she cuts out. I have increased the idle a few times to keep it alive at least to go but eventually it will cut out.

When it is expiriencing this sometimes i give it a little gas and few of the times it was a little rough. almost like its running out of gas kinda putters.

This condition seems to be hit or miss, although its seemingly more frequent, which is now every morning..

It seems to run fine highway, although today when it was decelerating it farted all the way through.

So when i got home first thing i checked was the vaccuum line, and it was loose at the tank end, so i fixed it and started it, no change. So when the idle started slowing before it died i pulled the line off the carb then rpms picked up and started idling just fine again.

I changed my plug on the weekend and it looked like it was a little rich, i havent checked the plug today yet. Also took carb off clean it out none of jets looked clogged

So im not sure where to start and was wondering if anyone had any ideas

IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #3 - 04/08/10 at 11:26:31

i think it might be petcock related, althought im not 100% sure how that thing operates

Today when it started to die, i tried moving petcock to prime, it seemed to help, although it could have been coincedence.

Although when set to normal there is plenty of gas, i can tell by looking at the fuel filter.  one thing i never noticed before though is my fuel filter is all the way full, when usually its half full,  and there are air bubbles coming out the tank into the fuel filter. i think is related to the vaccuum line becasue the frequency of the vaccuum sucking in air is same as when air bubbles are pushed into the filter...

i might try examining the petcock to see if i can figure out how it operates.

IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #4 - 04/08/10 at 11:33:57

Serowbot wrote on 04/08/10 at 10:57:43:
As far as I know,.. just copy and paste, then delete the original post...

In answer to your question,... Yes, it sounds like petcock trouble...
Here's how to test it...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1251932429

Ill try that when i get home. when i set mine to prime i still had the vacuum line in.

When in run mode i removed the vaccuum line and it seemed better, ill post what else i find. THX!!! Grin Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 04/08/10 at 12:12:38

Pulling the vacuum line will do one of two things...  
...if the petcock is failing, it will cut the gas flow leaking down through that line...
...if the petcock is okay, it will create an air leak in the intake and greatly lean out the mixture...

that line, taps engine vacuum from the intake, and uses it to draw a stopper in the petcock, which unblocks the fuel line, and allows gas to flow down to the carb... the stopper is on a rubber diaphragm, and when that tears, gas flows down the wrong path, directly into the intake...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #6 - 04/10/10 at 11:40:53

i just replaced my diaphram in the petcock which causes the trouble apparently, got it off ebay for 20 bucks...i don't remember which kit but u can find it if u search petcock repair, until then run her in prime lol

btw whatever serowbot says, do it lol then talk to lancer about modding her up and then check with verslagen to make sure u did it right...that's what i do  Grin

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #7 - 04/12/10 at 10:20:57

This weekend it ran so nice (not to mention beutiful weather!!)

Everytime i checked the vacuum line has no gas, dry on inside and no smell or cracks (replaced it a few months ago) so perhaps its intermittent..? Shocked i have had petcock troubles before, a little different, such as no gas coming out unless on prime. i will replace petcock and hope my troubles dont come back.

i suppose a head plug leak wouldnt cause that since it is not consistent. anyway thats going to be the next fix...

appreciate the tips serowbot and rocco!  Cool Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:18:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › wrong section

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.