PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: is this normal?
Reply #15 - 04/02/10 at 02:12:06

Back in '81, my youngest brother rode my other brother's CB400T into the side of a house ... the forks looked exactly like those on that LS in the pic ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
cursal

Daily Savage Rider

Eugene, OR
Reply #16 - 04/02/10 at 08:08:11

yowzaaz!

That would take some force to make a "mod" like that.

But from my understanding one should not be riding the bike when making such mods  Wink

1998 Savage, 18,700 Miles, Wind Shield, Tach, K&N Airbox Filter, Leather Bags, CYCLE-TRON II Battery, verslavy cam adjuster, Kevlar F Pads Black.
Professional Web Developer: www.OregonPublishing.com
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #17 - 04/02/10 at 08:26:29

I used to build recumbent bicycles, (bent bikes) and after changing the fork pivot angle to get the handle bars closer to the rider, I was force to bend the forks more than that,.....only in the other (forward) direction  Grin

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
crabpainter

Look Twice Save A
Life    

Kentucky
Reply #18 - 04/03/10 at 17:36:31

That's what photoshop'll do. Wink

Interested in pre 70's British bikes or Hodaka's.
  IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #19 - 04/04/10 at 00:10:32

Yeah I totally agree that it looks wrecked, also might just be me but that doesn't look like a stock headlight or at least mine doesn't sit near that far out like that.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #20 - 04/04/10 at 01:37:08

My '08 doesn't look anything like that on the front end. Savage_Amusement, you're right. That headlight doesn't look stock. He smashed the front end and "repaired' it.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 04/04/10 at 01:45:37

IDK, just seems wrong to be trying to sell a wreck & call it stock.
Is this an individual or a dealer?
Gotta be an individual, cuz if a dealer pulled a stunt like that, they could get sued, not just for defrauding the guy, but gettin him killed. That bike cant be safe.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 04/04/10 at 11:32:12

I guarantee that there was other damage as well. At very least you should be looking for scrapped head bearings in the triple tree, and most likely wheel bearings and axel damage. I would also be checking for torquing of the frame neck both front to back and side to side. If the neck isn’t aligned exactly with the frame you will find out the first time you make a panic stop…and that is too late!
I broke a Kawasaki voyager in 2005. The forks were not bent much more than that.  I gave it to a friend to rebuild and it cost several hundred to put it back on the road.

« Last Edit: 04/04/10 at 14:35:06 by JohnBoy »  
  IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #23 - 04/04/10 at 12:55:11

Don't trust a seller that is obviously lying to you.    

If they can't repair the forks then maybe they screwed up other repairs too.  No telling what else might be wrong with it now.

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #24 - 04/04/10 at 13:20:15

Mine on my 09 aren't like that. I would turn around and take my money elsewhere..

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #25 - 04/04/10 at 16:05:05

To me, that bike is a total. I would consider it a parts bike, and wouldn't trust the engine to be any good. When it hit, it probably went down. It is possible the engine kept running, and it may have done so on the side away from the oil pump. I'd want to check and see if it has a salvage title.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #26 - 04/06/10 at 03:13:34

Nop, dude probably hit the bumper of a car in front of him   Cheesy

If you tip the bike on its left (on the foot and back wheel)
and spin the front wheel it will probabbly wobble a bit too.

Don't buy it or haggle a nice $500 discount.
And IF you've allready bought it, it's not that bad really,
just learn to live with it and balance that front wheel, good luck.

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
miker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texas, USA
Reply #27 - 04/06/10 at 05:20:31

I could not get him to admit that the bike has been crashed. Couldn't get him down on the price either. I already have 2 builds going, so I really don't need a third- just keeping my eyes peeled for a deal like Lancer found a couple of weeks ago.

None of us know as much as all of us!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #28 - 04/06/10 at 15:51:51

miker wrote on 04/06/10 at 05:20:31:
I could not get him to admit that the bike has been crashed. Couldn't get him down on the price either. I already have 2 builds going, so I really don't need a third- just keeping my eyes peeled for a deal like Lancer found a couple of weeks ago.

As long as YOU didnt buy it, Im happy. I sure feel sorry for the dip who does. I woulkdnt dream of selling something so dangerous.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #29 - 04/10/10 at 11:04:17

My '06 is exactly like that. I bought it used that way and I knew it. Runs like new since 8,000 miles now. No high speed wobble runs straight even with just one hand on the gas. No pulling to either side. Tight turns are sharp in response, handles like a street bike like that. Street bikes have a steeper angle. I was thinking about replacing them, but I really like the handling like that. In fact on loose ground is has very low understeer. I can take turns with just a push of either knee against the tank. I know it's dangerous, but I tried it and it runs perfectly smooth and straight doing 80mph with one hand, even with dips and holes in the road. Low speed handling is just fine also. New replacement is very expensive for the two shocks, just the tubes would be a bit cheaper, but I don't have the guts to take the shocks apart to replace the tubes. And I can't find any good used ones either.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 15:49:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › is this normal?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.