Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: petcock repair kit
Reply #15 - 05/30/10 at 21:55:41

darkhorse is real I saw it too.

if fact here it is...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUEL-PETCOCK-KIT-GS750-GS1100-GSXR1100-GS1150-...

WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #16 - 06/01/10 at 09:05:16

the kit was exactly what i wanted, and was exactly what was shown!

except now, i'm having the same problem, it went away for a while, but it comes back every now and then, she'll start to sputter, even turn off @ a light, switch to prime and she's fine!

so, i'm tired of messing with it, and i'm going to spite myself, not buy a raptor, and just run in prime!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
ratz

Wait.......what??

Alabama Gulf Coast
Reply #17 - 06/01/10 at 21:20:57

Rocco wrote on 03/31/10 at 22:43:48:
it was easy as it was just switch to new stuff, but she still sputtered down a couple times in "on" not as bad as before, but went back to normal in prime.....SO if that wasn't it what is it?

also, while i was in there i saw where the fuel goes in, there was this black gook....i think i tried to clean it out but it just smeared, would this cause an effect? how would it still work in prime though? i mean inside the petcock...

Cheesy

On the petcock on my'96,I had black goo in the vacuum side of the petcock.Turns out the rubber disc behind the white plastic disc had turned to goo.That happened to be the part that acts as an orifice to damp the vacuum pulses.Gave me all sorts of erratic behavior.A little different than what you had,just thought I would put it out there for anyone else with a petcock issue.Modded mine to manual operation,problem solved.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:22:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › petcock repair kit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.